Total Knee Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Knee Replacement

Haven’t been on forum disincentive Monday evening due to right knee replacement Wednesday. Guess all went well because I woke up in recovery not feeling much of any. Stayed overnight and home Thursday. It really has been kinda rough. Pain off & on unless I take meds. Using a walker to get around. As soon as the block wore off I started doing some of the exercises. Having a difficult time bending or lifting my leg. Very stiff & sore. Physical therapy starts at home tomorrow. Need a few prayers if you don’t mind. Thanks

You got this Mike. It is going to hurt, but like everyone has said, do the therapy and give yourself a chance to heal.

You are in our prayers though amigo!

Comment

Ice is your friend... Just keep using your knee and work through the pain.

Comment

Yes do your physical therapy. You need to regain flexibility. It gets better in a few weeks. I’ve had three replacements.

Comment

Praying, Lord please heal up this knee completely, and provide relief from the pain. My BIL and a good friend at church both went through this, and they both said that working on the physical therapy was not easy but it really helped. Good luck.

Comment

If your doc didn't give you a cryo-cuff for your knee, ask for one!! It's a life-saver! My wife was 3 weeks post-op for her total knee... No overnight in the hospital... Home same day. Ditched the walker and cane only since last Thursday... Therapy is the key!!

Lord we ask You to comfort our friend as he recovers from his surgery. Give him strength to endure the pain of recovery, but help him Lord to recover fully and hold his pain down Lord, Build his strength and keep his spirit high and attitude of recovery strong Lord, in Jesus name, Amen!

Comment

They make an ice bath pump that wraps around the knee. Really helped me get through the initial pain.

Comment

I had mine done 4 months ago. Just stay with your PT and you'll be fine

Comment

I get my right knee done next Monday….reading this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
                    Ice is your friend... Just keep using your knee and work through the pain.
                    Thats so true..and elevate...Therapy will help lots...and do your home exercises..Myself my stationary bike helped lots too..I
                    Had both replaced in 18.....10 weeks apart..Best thing I ever did...

Comment

Knee Replacement = Amazon Prime

Oh Boy.....On a Serious Note....PT is Your Friend. Hurts like heck but will pay off is you do it. Trust This.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustled Again View Post
                        They make an ice bath pump that wraps around the knee. Really helped me get through the initial pain.

This machine really helps. Also Amazon sells ice pads that are big and cover a good bit. My wife had partial replacement in June and is having the other knee done next week. We have 2 of the ice pads we rotate out so 1 is always in the freezer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rustled Again View Post
                          If it's the one like an Igloo Cooler Pump.....It will hold 4 beers.....Heard from a Friend.....

Comment

2 yrs out on my replacements. My advice, Stay off the opioids as much as possible. They hinder healing! All the above + Keep up with the exercises even after PT. You will see a difference later on.

Comment

I'm scheduled Sept. 20 for my left knee, hunt in December, right knee replaced in January

God bless you Gatt40 !!

Comment

Working...
                              X