Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Coldgas Memorial Panhandle Hunting Thread (9th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021-2022 Coldgas Memorial Panhandle Hunting Thread (9th Annual!)

Hey y’all, it's time to crack open the 2021-2022 Panhandle Hunting Thread. But we’re going to do things a little bit differently this year. As you can see from the title, we’re dedicating this year’s thread to Coldgas, a frequent poster in our Panhandle hunting threads over the years.

On December 19, 2020, Jody “PowPow” Powledge, aka Coldgas, went to be with our Lord. Just six days later, on Christmas Day, he was followed in death by his wife, Catherine "Cathe" Hinojosa Powledge. The beloved couple succumbed to complications from COVID-19.

As we honor Jody and Cathe this year, we lift up a prayer for the Powledge Family knowing that Jody and Cathe would want our season to be full of smiles, joy, thankfulness, and even a heavy antler or two. Amen!

It's hard to imagine we've been going at this for NINE years now! We've had some great threads in years' past, and I'm certain this one will be no exception. Most of the state has had some great spring and summer rains so the herd should be in awesome shape. I haven't seen our place as lush and green since we've owned it!

Please post all your Panhandle hunting observations, successes, pics, whatever. If you have any Coldgas hunting stories, feel free to share them as well. The season is just around the corner and preparations are well under way. This thread welcomes all manner of legal means and methods. Just be safe!

And as always, this is not a management thread. If you have concerns about what a hunter shoots, etc., take it to another thread. That’s not the discussion here.

Let's just keep this thread about soaking up the great outdoors, enjoying time with family and friends, and counting our everlasting blessings. Of course, LDPs are always welcome, if not mandatory.

Best of luck to all the Panhandle Boys and Girls this season! Here's to a safe and successful year! Godspeed and safety to all!

Sincerely,
    Kyle

Never met the man but he sounds awesome. That didn’t stop my heart from breaking for their families though. Glad they are together.

Comment

I enjoyed his post in the PH threads and he will be missed.

A little over 14”s of rain since May 1st in our part of Briscoe county. It’s green the tanks are full and it should be a good year. Crazy part is they never really seemed to slow down much on the protein. I guess it’s a good thing but man they have ate some feed over the course of the last 14-16 months.

Comment

Amazing tribute. Thank you for sharing his smile this morning.

Rest In Peace, PowPow& Mrs. Cathe & always “walk in love”

[emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Subscribed! Never met him but loved reading his posts here. You will be missed Coldgas!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

looking forward to the upcoming season plan to go up to motley county next weekend to top feeders and set out few cams, hopefully be good year

Comment

In for the 2021-2022 Ride

Comment

Good luck panhandle hunters. Very nice of you to dedicate this year's thread to Jody. I had the pleasure of meeting him and his lovely bride at their first bownanza.

Comment

Glad to see this start up again. Going to get cameras out this Sunday. Season looks to have some potential as we didn't kill several hit list deer last year. Everything is really green and weeds are taller than I've ever seen. Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m a new yankee! Got a place in Hall Co. I am excited. I have not had a place to hunt mule deer in Texas before so I am pumped about that. I am hoping the rain may help the turkey hatch and grow some bone! Good luck fellas. It went from a desert to an oasis in two months on our place this spring

Comment

Looking forward to another great panhandle season. Thanks for keeping this up every year.
                          Lots of healthy animals right now. Most rain I can remember at this time of the year. It should lead to amazing horns.

Comment

Will be headed up this year for the 13th year or so.
                            Cant wait.
                            Hows the rain been round mclean?

Comment

Finally getting back up there again after not hunting the panhandle for the last 6 years. Looking forward to it and our new lease is looking awesome with all the rain this year. Deer are looking great and conditions couldn't be better.

Comment

Working...
                              X