No announcement yet.

I Hate Asking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m about 4.5 hours from Austin but with a little notice I could easily get you set up on hogs with Trad gear.
    I have 4 places I can hunt within 30 minutes of my house that are all set up for Trad bow hunting. I haven’t seriously hunted hogs in 3-4 years. Just got burnt out. Between killing a handful of hogs a year with my bows, wife and kids with rifles, pulling week long hunts every night with family from out of state I basically just quit hunting them.
    My brother comes from Wyoming every year and slaughters them.
    If your interested Shoot me a pm and we can get a hunt planned
    Might even be able to get Micheal to join us!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
      I’m about 4.5 hours from Austin but with a little notice I could easily get you set up on hogs with Trad gear.
      I have 4 places I can hunt within 30 minutes of my house that are all set up for Trad bow hunting. I haven’t seriously hunted hogs in 3-4 years. Just got burnt out. Between killing a handful of hogs a year with my bows, wife and kids with rifles, pulling week long hunts every night with family from out of state I basically just quit hunting them.
      Randy, that's one heck of an offer. I'm assuming you're talking about Arnette, right? Might have to drag him away from his sawdust and splinters to visit you!

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
        If you're looking for hogs around Austin, I'd suggest 6th Street!
        :-))))) Bwahahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
          Randy, that's one heck of an offer. I'm assuming you're talking about Arnette, right? Might have to drag him away from his sawdust and splinters to visit you!
          Yes sir, talking about Arnette.

Comment

I thought about offering our place but pigs have been scarce lately. Hate to have someone drive that far not to get shots.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

We've been going to Double L in Mission Valley (near Victoria) for over 10 years now for exotics and hogs. There's no shortage of piggies or stands to suit what your shooting. Pops and family are great people and the price is great. This is the slow time of year for exotics so you shouldn't have a problem finding a time to go that works with your schedule. Just a warning - you might getting some itchy fingers after seeing some of the exotics there.

Comment

If Abilene isn't too far, try Dos Plumas hunting ranch. Brice is a trad shooter and has lots of swine.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  I thought about offering our place but pigs have been scarce lately. Hate to have someone drive that far not to get shots.

I did that back in February with a certain member here .

I was smart enough to time the trip to coincide with a cowtown shoot though, so the lack of pigs wasn't an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                    I did that back in February with a certain member here .

I was smart enough to time the trip to coincide with a cowtown shoot though, so the lack of pigs wasn't an issue.
                    It's odd because the last few years we've had them in here thick. Been frustrating.

Comment

It's odd because the last few years we've had them in here thick. Been frustrating.

I thought everyone in Texas hated hogs!

Give it till you have a nice buck show up and they'll be back to blow it out I'm sure.

Comment

Im glad you got some leads Malachi. I was thinking of starting a thread...”Asking for a friend”...
                        Youll get that sausage made soon enough.

Comment

There has been several threads on the Fowler ranch near Kempner

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
                            There has been several threads on the Fowler ranch near Kempner
                            x2 on Frankie up at the Fowler Ranch. We have hogs at my small lease, but when it came time to get my son his first kill with a bow, I decided to take him up to Fowler so we'd have plenty of opportunities to work through the actual killing part with a bow on some pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                              Sir, is your brother the legislator from Sheridan area ? If so he is you all's contact for the press for 90/10 in Wyoming.

Comment

That is weird. They are all over us on the farm only a mile from you. I killed three over there night before last, including this boar.

Sorry, not a bow kill. Picture simply for reference.

Rick
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X