Facebook can suck it!!!! [emoji35]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
    You suggesting east Texas hunters are poachers or that I am?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't you know that all East Texas hunters are poachers?? Especially you Justin and Jake after a few Coors haha

Comment

I never had one, never wanted one, will never get one.

Comment

Facebook is the devil!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge03 View Post
          Man that’s ridiculous!!! I just had two other members send this to me in a PM. Just know that nothing was reported by ETXHC members and none of the admins were responsible for this ban. Facebook’s liberal algorithms are at it again I guess. Sorry brother...

Josh Fulcher - East Texas Hunting Club Founder

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You run a great site. I really enjoy it. I hope no one thinks y'all have anything to do with FB blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by LMiz View Post
            Don't you know that all East Texas hunters are poachers?? Especially you Justin and Jake after a few Coors haha

[emoji2958][emoji2958][emoji2958] man I worked hard to build a positive reputation here! Don’t be telling everyone the truth! [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
              Serious question. Really. I ask genuinely:

What info do they have on me that I should be afraid of? Where I went to college? Pics of me from 10 years ago? The fact that I'm conservative? In my other post, I mentioned that I do not share anything on there but links to videos or articles I found funny or interesting. I was one of those screaming "Nobody cares what you ate for lunch today!"

I understand that they can use the public info to determine a trend. "Yup... He's conservative." Anyone that knows me doesn't need a complex algorithm to figure that out, though. I deleted the account, or tried to, because I didn't agree with the censorship. Plain and simple.

I feel like i'm missing something.
              It's much more intrusive than opinions you broadcast to the world.

Have you ever posted a photo? Then location data on that photo is there, both where it was taken, and where it was uploaded. If that photo was taken inside a house, they can get the address. Get enough photos in generally the same location, Facebook tracks that to determine where you work/live/hunt. What if you go on a safari one day, and shoot a lion, or elephant, and post a photo of it? A facebook employee could potentially get your address from that metadata, and let PETA know where you live. I think we know what happened to the MN dentist. His life was ruined.

Where did you make your posts, work computer? They know exactly what computer that post was made from. Do you have Facebook on your phone? Well they are tracking where you go 24/7 if you do, to determine where you like to frequent. Also, if it's on your phone, who did you call, and when did you call them? They use those phone numbers for pinpoint marketing specific to you.

The overall point being, it doesn't matter if you have something to hide or not. It's the fact that they collect so much data that 95% of people would say is extremely intrusive.

Comment

Yep. In East Texas "deer season" is just something you sprinkle on the meat.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Yep. In East Texas "deer season" is just something you sprinkle on the meat.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

Have you ever posted a photo? Then location data on that photo is there, both where it was taken, and where it was uploaded. If that photo was taken inside a house, they can get the address. Get enough photos in generally the same location, Facebook tracks that to determine where you work/live/hunt. What if you go on a safari one day, and shoot a lion, or elephant, and post a photo of it? A facebook employee could potentially get your address from that metadata, and let PETA know where you live. I think we know what happened to the MN dentist. His life was ruined.

Where did you make your posts, work computer? They know exactly what computer that post was made from. Do you have Facebook on your phone? Well they are tracking where you go 24/7 if you do, to determine where you like to frequent. Also, if it's on your phone, who did you call, and when did you call them? They use those phone numbers for pinpoint marketing specific to you.

The overall point being, it doesn't matter if you have something to hide or not. It's the fact that they collect so much data that 95% of people would say is extremely intrusive.

I find it intrusive at times. I’ve noticed now that what ever I search for on the internet, such as google, will now display in adds on facebook. I think that’s a little too close of a correlation for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                      I find it intrusive at times. I’ve noticed now that what ever I search for on the internet, such as google, will now display in adds on facebook. I think that’s a little too close of a correlation for me.

AND If you are simply talking about something with your phone within ear shot adds pertaining to what you were talking about will pop up on FB.. Seen this numerous times..

Comment

AND everything this man said and much more...

Comment

Good info. Thanks for the insight.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            AND If you are simply talking about something with your phone within ear shot adds pertaining to what you were talking about will pop up on FB.. Seen this numerous times..
                            Was literally just talking to my brother about this when he suggested an Alexa for the parents. He decided against it Lol I swear... You could dream about something and see an ad for it the next day

Comment

Most people don't hunt, can't understand why we do. Graphic photos of our successful outings creates more animosity than good will. Maybe try posting pics that shed a favorable light on our cherished tradition (exclude exit wounds, decapitation, etc...). I wonder if the book of faces would have a problem with that?

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                                Most people don't hunt, can't understand why we do. Graphic photos of our successful outings creates more animosity than good will. Maybe try posting pics that shed a favorable light on our cherished tradition (exclude exit wounds, decapitation, etc...). I wonder if the book of faces would have a problem with that?

Yup. Dam sure would have a problem Bc those people are pieces of chit. They don’t care. I don’t try to appeal to others. I am who I am and if you don’t like it then to hell with ya. Why should I accommodate someone that should have been a sheet stain?

Comment

Working...
                                X