No announcement yet.

2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still trying to decide on caliber. I already have APRs in .25-06 AI and .264 Win Mag, so am pretty well covered for long range on deer sized game. I want the Tier 1 lightweight. It will be used for midrange, out to 500 yds. It will be primarily for deer sized game with the possibility of elk sized game thrown in.

Comment

2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
      Still trying to decide on caliber. I already have APRs in .25-06 AI and .264 Win Mag, so am pretty well covered for long range on deer sized game. I want the Tier 1 lightweight. It will be used for midrange, out to 500 yds. It will be primarily for deer sized game with the possibility of elk sized game thrown in.

I still haven’t made up my mind on caliber either.

I’m also trying to figure out which scope but leaning towards a Zwaro Z6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Sounds like your need a 30 cal in your life: 308 or 300 wm

Comment

It's hard to justify anything else when you already own a 264 Win Mag
            The big 7's running heavies can be fun to play with and deliver a little more energy for the elk opportunities. But it's not like the 264 won't get it done either. A 30 may be a big enough jump to consider?

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post

The big 7's running heavies can be fun to play with and deliver a little more energy for the elk opportunities. But it's not like the 264 won't get it done either. A 30 may be a big enough jump to consider?

Your now trying to talk me into a 264 that I didn’t think I needed

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                Your now trying to talk me into a 264 that I didn’t think I needed
                You need one

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                  I thought about a .300 but am planning a tier 1 ultralight and since I don't like muzzle breaks I don't think I could handle the recoil.

I really can't justify anything else, I just want another APR. Currently, in rifles, I have:
                  .22-250
                  .25-06 AI
                  .264 Win Mag
                  .270 Winchester
                  .275 Rigby
                  7mm-08
                  .30-30
                  .300 Win Mag
                  .338 Win Mag
                  .375 H&H
                  .44 Mag
                  .45-70

Comment

Tier 1 without a brake..............everyone should own a .280 Ackley Improved.

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
                      That would be my thoughts as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Tier 1... all day

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
                          Agree 100%. It is between the 280AI and the old antiquated ineffective 270 win for me.

Comment

What would y’all recommend for a short barreled varmint application. I’d like to have one that carries easily in my truck to shoot coyotes and also start my son shooting on something with very little recoil. I am not familiar with the which of the .22 type calibers are good out of a short barrel or if there is an alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaker13 View Post
                              What would y’all recommend for a short barreled varmint application. I’d like to have one that carries easily in my truck to shoot coyotes and also start my son shooting on something with very little recoil. I am not familiar with the which of the .22 type calibers are good out of a short barrel or if there is an alternative.
                              I’m personally doing a 22-250 in a 20” build for this round

I primarily shoot suppressed and won’t take a shot pass 300-400 yards so was given the green light for a 20” setup

Comment

I keep going back to the 25-06 and 6.5-284.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X