Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am shooting a 7 STW

Comment

IMO the small 6s are the most fun, as well as the fast 22s. Something about a fast little pill and soft recoil just makes for a really fun combination. I’ve stretched the big magnums out too, and they’re fun but not my cup of tea really. That being said my next build is a big magnum. Next build will be a 28 Nosler pushing a 195 Berger so I can stretch to 2500, with killing ability past 1k.

Comment

I like shooting fast twisted .22 and 243 also. Will throw some 50 BMG in there too because it shoots flatter that the highly regarded 6.5 CM and has about 7-8 times the energy at any given range.

Comment

I felt the same in Colorado they have public ranges set up by parks n wildlife one was 1300 yds we were slapping it with 300 and 7 mag
          U can shoot and remove your ear protection and hear the ping a second later. Blew us away but if u have a good ballistic program on your phone and a good steady rest just dial up turret...physics will take your bullet down exactly where it says

Comment

Opens up a whole new world when you are chasing elk and they are way across that ridge unaware

Comment

I shoot a little bit of everything, but really I could live happily ever after with any of the following 4 rigs.

1. 223 w/75gr ELDM/AMAX - By far the most economical to shoot and legit to1k on a good day. More rounds down range before the heat builds up and it will absolutely teach you to read wind. It's hard for me to imagine a better training rig that will take your LR game to the next level, or humble you so quickly Lots of barrel life as a bonus.

2. Any of the BR based 6's - Boringly consistent to 1,200ish and sometimes further. I like the Dasher the most, but they are all ridiculously pleasant to shoot and about 10X as effective as a case that small should be. They are not expensive to feed, and barrel life can be decent if you don't hammer on them.

3. 7-300/7-300AI/28 Nosler - All pretty much the same. I built my 7-300AI around the Berger 195, but have since found the 180ELD to be a better performer at distance. To me the performance vs. recoil hits a good balance right about here. I have not seen a ton of consistency beyond 2K, but it owns anything inside of a mile and slips wind very well. Barrel life straight up sucks.

4. 375 CheyTac with 377-400gr monos - Kind of leaving LR and heading into ELR, but if the bug bites you hard enough, you'll end up on the ELR side anyway Expensive to build, expensive to shoot and I don't have a clue about barrel life(because I can't afford to feed it enough ammo to kill it yet) but it ratchets up the fun factor by at least double The 2 mile mark starts becoming a possibility at this level.......and I think it's also the point you have to admit to yourself you may have a problem, not sure.

Somewhere in there should probably be the 6.5 SAUM/PRC. Been shooting a lot of the PRC this past year and if I had to pick only one, one of these two would probably be it.

Comment

I’ve got LR rifles in 243, 6.CM and 300RUM. It’s fun and expensive.

Comment

22 creedmoor and 300 win. It’s a terrible disease lol

Comment

6br, 6 BRA, 6 Dasher are great. 6XC, 6 Creedmoor, or 6x47 are also very prevalent in PRS/NRL matches

I like having the Curtis Vector with .223 as a switchbarrel trainer as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      This is why i have been avoiding it like the plague. I have too many expensive hobbies as it is and I'm one of those people that will go all in at the drop of a hat.
                      This is where I’m at! I want to try it but don’t think it’d be a good idea to fall in love with ANOTHER expensive hobby

Comment

Working...
                      X