XD carriers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Not saying this is untrue but since the Glock trigger also is under little to no pressure when the trigger is forward I don’t see this happening.

When the trigger is pulled on the Glock it disengages 3 safeties AND loads the striker spring at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
      (They go boom no matter what)
      Wanna bet?

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
        That is very interesting, how did y'all throw them?
        by hand 6-10 feet high

Comment

Not saying this is untrue but since the Glock trigger also is under little to no pressure when the trigger is forward I don’t see this happening.

When the trigger is pulled on the Glock it disengages 3 safeties AND loads the striker spring at the same time.

we did not expect it either,, and i know the glocks have undergone several variations and mods since the introduction of them,, the glocks were new on the market and the debate was the same then,, how unsafe the colt was compared to a glock
          Last edited by xman59; 01-10-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
            we did not expect it either,, and i know the glocks have undergone several variations and mods since the introduction of them,, the glocks were new on the market and the debate was the same then,, how unsafe the colt was compared to a glock

Still safer than a SIG

Comment

I rock the 45 XD as my everyday carry - not the SXD but the full size. I do not have any concerns; there are multiple safeties such as the palm and trigger safety.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post

Still safer than a SIG
                Pssshhhh, The SIG was a design feature. Have a bad guy behind a wall? Throw your 320 in the air at an angle where it hits pointing at said bad guy. Problem solved. Why anyone would have used the "voluntary upgrade" to get rid of the most revolutionary design in the past 30 years is unknown to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                  Pssshhhh, The SIG was a design feature. Have a bad guy behind a wall? Throw your 320 in the air at an angle where it hits pointing at said bad guy. Problem solved. Why anyone would have used the "voluntary upgrade" to get rid of the most revolutionary design in the past 30 years is unknown to me.
                  Never thought of it like that!!

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                    I don’t understand this mindset, kinda like people who carry without one in the chamber. Not picking on you, it’s more of a blanket statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Pick away, I carry with one in the chamber and will add my XD's back into the batting order!

Comment

I carry an XD and have never given a thought about it.

Comment

and the trigger knows no difference between a finger and a shirt tail or even inertia.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                          and the trigger knows no difference between a finger and a shirt tail or even inertia.

The inertia part is not true. Do you know how a Glock trigger system work?

Comment

I've owned several Glocks and XD's as well as 1911's. I've never had or seen one discharge on their own. I keep my XD hot at all times. It's just important to know that any gun has a potential to fire in certain unusual situations. Watch the muzzle and keep the trigger clear and it should be safe.

Comment

I always thought all striker fired guns were cocked when the slide is racked? Is Glock different?

Comment

The inertia part is not true. Do you know how a Glock trigger system work?

yeah, you pull trigger, it goes boom.

Ok, inertia may be a bit of a stretch. But, what distance is their drop test? 6' 8'.

If you drop it off the house? 3 floor?

Comment

Working...
                                X