No announcement yet.

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was out at the ranch this weekend on a solo work trip.. i had 3 goals.. fix the worst part of the roof leak, fix my GMC sonoma fuel issue and shoot some pigs.. 2 out of three success aint bad i guess.. i'l have to get more parts for the truck.. definite failure on my part but the other two were fun! Like said above.. the weather was amazing!

Delish lunch under the shade tree and a real good dinner!

Had a cow fan club come up and watch me work on the roof

Beautiful sunrise having coffee up on the rooftop

Used my brothers AR10 to take down some piggies.. got 5 but saw 48 on Saturday alone.

Also had an axis doe and fawn walk up on me while working

I wanna go back!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like it was a great weekend!

Comment

Nice work rosco!

We picked up 1.89” since Tuesday and it looks like some more, lighter rain in the schedule next week. I’d like it stay green out there for as long as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
          I think this has already been said on this thread but I really didn't feel like going through 12 pages to make sure. If anyone is on Facebook I would suggest joining the Rocksprings Texas Hunting group. Good group of folks to connect with. There is some junk spam type posts but mostly just good folks sharing what is going on and are very helpful if you have any questions about the area.
          both me and my wife are on there quite a bit. 2 weeks ago she posted axis does barking outside the dining room window.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
            both me and my wife are on there quite a bit. 2 weeks ago she posted axis does barking outside the dining room window.
            I saw that.. cool vid and a great group of axis

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Any idea how much rain the area got last week? I checked the radar a few times and it looked promising.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                Any idea how much rain the area got last week? I checked the radar a few times and it looked promising.
                We got a hair over 2" total since May 1, and I like what I'm seeing on the forecast for this week as well.

Edit: Not sure if I have all the right info, I see 1.22" fell in the past 24 hours and I thought I saw a 1.76" measurement sometime last week.
                Last edited by Patton; 05-06-2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Two wet growing seasons in a rows nice. Oughta be some good animals walking around this fall. Here's to hoping it dries out before the season so they'll hit the feeders.

Comment

I’m enjoying the rain. 1.16” so far today. It certainly wasn’t a wet growing year for us last year though. Pretty much everything was finishing up by the time the real rain started in a August.

9/18/18 Post:
                    Originally posted by Patton View Post
                    Went and looked at our Weather Station history; this is for ~15 miles North of Camp Wood

Jan 0.13"
                    Feb 0.35"
                    Mar 0.40"
                    Apr 1.15"
                    May 1.03"
                    Jun 0"
                    (3.06"-First 6 months of 2018)

Jul 1.1"
                    Aug 4.28"
                    Sep 6.48"
                    (11.86" July-Sep 17th 2018)

28" rain is the annual average for Edwards County, we are at 14.92"

Comment

I’m further south of you in northern Kinney co. I didn’t keep up with the rain gauge so maybe I misspoke. Just judged by how very green our pastures were and are.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                        I’m further south of you in northern Kinney co. I didn’t keep up with the rain gauge so maybe I misspoke. Just judged by how very green our pastures were and are.
                        Well the rain seems to always go south of us I hope you're right about everything growing strong in terms of antlers

Comment

I am headed up there this Thursday for a long weekend. Hopefully the rain will hold off on Saturday. Excited to see the pictures on the game camera's. Anyone seen any fawns yet?

Comment

I’m off of Hwy 41/CR230 and I haven’t seen a single fawn on game cams. Did see a few young bucks sprouting their antlers though.

Comment

I'd be pretty surprised to see fawns this early. I've seen some in Austin this week, which gives them a breeding date of mid October. On Post #16 in this thread I have a pic of one of the earlier fawns I've seen at our place (June 14th pic//Nov 16th breeding date).

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                                I’m off of Hwy 41/CR230 and I haven’t seen a single fawn on game cams. Did see a few young bucks sprouting their antlers though.
                                Gotcha. When I was at my place a month ago the horns were just breaking the skin.

Comment

Working...
                                X