How long do you keep your bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know there are guys that get a new model every year or two, and other guys who keep one for 15 years. I still have my Elite that I bought new in '14 but have said for the last couple of years that I was going to get a new bow. I just have a hard time bringing myself to spend over $2000 to rig out a new bow. There is nothing wrong with the Elite but I will probably pass it on to my Son-in-law when he gets out of the Marines next year so he can start bowhunting with me.

I'm curious how long you guys typically keep a bow before "upgrading" to a new model. Do you feel like you have to hunt with it for so many years to justify the current price tags.

I’m in my 23rd year of bow hunting, well, hunting period. I’m in my third bow. When I started in College, my Mim gave me a Jennings Buckmaster for Christmas. That was my first bow. In 2005, I bought a Mathews Switchback. I got a Halon 32 three years ago. I miss that switchback.
    I’ll probably keep this Halon for a good while. I probably have the means to replace my bow yearly, I just don’t have the desire to.

Comment

Been bowhunting since '99. Bought a PSE Nova when I started and a Mathews Monster in 2011 or 2012. Still shoot the Monster.

Comment

My have a Z7 that is 10 years old. Kills critters just as dead as it did 10 yrs ago. I have a .270 Remington that is over 50 years old that I got from my dad and it kills critters just as good as it did 50 years ago too. I get wanting to get new and improved, but unless ya just have to, ya dont have to.

Comment

I’ve had mine since 2013. No plans to get another one.

Comment

I started with a Bear Whitetail legend that I bought from a guy on the job in the late 90's. Used that bow for 6 years. It shot telephone pole sized aluminum shafts. After 6 years with that bow. I bought a Mathews Outback in 05 and still have it and shoot it occasionally. See no reason to replace it. The deer do not mind. It may be 15 years old, but it shoots great, is quiet and didn't come with a mortagage payment. I shoot a recuve now and the Mathews rarely sees light anymore.

Comment

I still have my PSE Evo from 2011

Comment

I killed my first deer with a bow 28 years ago with a bow I still have that came from Viking archery. Im now shooting a Matthews he-lim that's my 4th bow to own.

Comment

I'm on 5 years with my PSE Brute Force. It still kills so no reason to upgrade

Comment

I like to get a new bow about every 5 years. (New Cam Technology keeps improving) I typically replace the strings once.

I have kept my old bows (1 in Texas so I dont have to fly with it every year) and the others end up in my brothers hands.

Comment

3 bows in 28 years. Started in 1992 with an old High Country (I couldn't afford an Oneida Eagle!). Shot the High Country for 15 years then got a Martin Cheetah. Shot the Cheetah up until I bought a Vertix last year.

Comment

I still use my Bowtech Destroyer 340 I got back in 2010. Personally I just can’t justify buying another for minimal improvements.

Comment

I have a 1995 PSE maurader

Comment

My last two were 4 and 8 years. I was in the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” crowd with my 8 yo Elite. Loved that bow and shot it well. But dang... the technology improvements they have made in bows since 2011 made me decide that the 2019 Mathews Traverse would make me change my
                            mind. I’m glad I finally got over the hardhead and made the switch. Love everything about this Traverse! I’ll never be a get a new bow every year guy but I doubt I wait 8 years before I do it again. Who knows.

Comment

Every 12 months

Comment

Working...
                              X