Amistad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
    I had never seen Axis deer at Amistad. They are not on the list but I don't see why not, they are exotics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    I was very surprised to see them. There were about five. I had the wind right and put a stalk on them, but....dang rocks r noisy.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I checked at the office about the axis. If they're not on the list, you cannot shoot. I asked them to put them on the list.

Comment

That sucks but it's what I had been told in the past. What did they tell you about placing axis on the list of exotics allowed to be taken??

Comment

Man i really want to go hunting there next year. Was beautiful driving past it from big bend. All i could think of was stalking sheep through the desert haha

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            That sucks but it's what I had been told in the past. What did they tell you about placing axis on the list of exotics allowed to be taken??
            She said she would pass the info along. Maybe some emails from all of us outdoor help.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180104_144505725.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	24526068
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180104_144340098.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	24526069

I'm back at it. Found another promising spot. Rubs and a scrape.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                She said she would pass the info along. Maybe some emails from all of us outdoor help.
                PM sent to you on the axis you spotted on area one

Comment

PM sent to you on the axis you spotted on area one
                  Pm returned.

Comment

Went out this morning for a hike....wow is what comes to mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                      Which areas did you go to? Has the lake come up any with the rain last week?

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                        Which areas did you go to? Has the lake come up any with the rain last week?
                        5....no noticable rise in level.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                          So what was "WOW"? Did you see some good animals?

Comment

I've read this entire thread. Deepest thanks for all the good info. I doubt I'll get a chance to go before January of 19 but I'm considerably encouraged by all of the hunters posting. Best of luck this season.

Comment

Lake should be coming up considerably with the recent rains I'd imagine. Hopefully not too much because I'd like to be able to launch at Spur 454.

Comment

Lake hasn’t really gone up even with all the rain we’ve been getting, went out fishing on Saturday no noticeable difference in level still real low.! My brother went out and put the boat in at 454 no problem.! Supposed to get more rain again this weekend 90% on Saturday and 100% on Sunday.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X