No announcement yet.

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been getting a lot of questions about the new Sightmark Wraith 4K Max and we've had a final production unit in our hands for about 2 months now, so Hans and I decided to go ahead and review it on The Late Night Vision Show. You can check it out below. We not only go over the scope features and functions but we lay out who we believe this scope is good for and who it's probably not good for.

Also, a lot of people want to know when the scope is going to be available. I'm privy to the shipment quantities for the rest of 2020 and I'll be honest and tell you that if most dealers get more than 1 to 5 of these scopes before December, I'll be shocked. The quantities are very small the shipments should be rolling in at about the end of every month. I'm not saying something can't change but I'd just be safe and conservative and say that I'd expect it to be December or January before most people can get their hands on one. Sightmark could produce as many of these as they wanted but they want to be sure their aren't hiccups and they are going for quality over quantity, even if it costs them sales and I respect that. So sit tight and if you're willing to wait, get on our back order list but expect that it could easily be December or January before you get one, even if everything goes smoothy and as planned.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOO-YMhn6Q0"]Ep. 124 | Sightmark Wraith 4K Max **REVIEW** - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Came across some free KC HiLites from a customer. Bulbs are bad. Thought about replacing the bulbs with red or green for night navigation. Which color or other color yall recommend.

Thanks
      SAC

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
        Came across some free KC HiLites from a customer. Bulbs are bad. Thought about replacing the bulbs with red or green for night navigation. Which color or other color yall recommend.

Thanks
        SAC
        I prefer Red in flashlights. Not sure how if that helps you or not.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
          Boling,TX in Wharton County

Cooler weather has got them on their feet as soon as it gets dark, during summer they don’t move till after midnight it’s so humid and hot

I thought I recognized that grass farm, I’m from Wharton. Ever need a huntin partner let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A guy is wanting to sell me his armasight predator thermal. I took it out Saturday night and we killed 11 pigs. Pretty fun. What’s a used one worth?

Comment

Originally posted by Brannon74 View Post
              A guy is wanting to sell me his armasight predator thermal. I took it out Saturday night and we killed 11 pigs. Pretty fun. What’s a used one worth?

Please for your sake stay away from Armasight.

Buy a Pulsar instead

Comment

Wraith HD 4x & 2x size comparison

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Think Im gona pick up a Pulsar thermal while I still have my current job. We get a nice discount but I dont know which one to get. Ive read everything I can find. Will be used on a suppressed 6.5 Grendel SBR for ETX hog and coyotes. I honestly prefer the look of the Trail models better for some reason and they come with built in LRF....which Im not sure I really need.

The Thermion is not totally out of the question if its the better buy. The Thermion XP is definetly getting to the top of the budget if not stretching it....I cant afford a Trail 2 XP for sure. Basically if I want a Trail model I will have to drop down to the XQ series. What do you guys think?

Comment

I wouldn’t be afraid to look for a lightly used Trail XP 50 or 38. They have shot counters on the menu and check out the physical appearance. I’d obviously want to lay my hands on it physically though, so try to find someone local to sell one.

I was getting ready to sell a Trail XP50LRF for $4500 until Pulsar replaced mine. I’d much rather have an XP with LRF abilities than a XQ even if it meant used vs new.

Comment

Yeah HIGHLY doubt id find a used one in Colorado. Cant hunt anything at night here.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        Please for your sake stay away from Armasight.

Buy a Pulsar instead

Please explain why?
                        I took it out with a friend who was running a pulsar and I agree his is much better, but I have already spent about 25000 on hunting equipment this year. I am not in a position to drop another 5 grand. I could next year but not now. It performed well for me and we killed 11 pigs. I really don’t know that much about thermals and was wondering what a fair price was for the predator. My thought was to buy if if it was a deal and next year buy a pulsar and then I could take my friends with me thermal pig hunting.

Comment

Please explain why?
                          I took it out with a friend who was running a pulsar and I agree his is much better, but I have already spent about 25000 on hunting equipment this year. I am not in a position to drop another 5 grand. I could next year but not now. It performed well for me and we killed 11 pigs. I really don’t know that much about thermals and was wondering what a fair price was for the predator. My thought was to buy if if it was a deal and next year buy a pulsar and then I could take my friends with me thermal pig hunting.

I think that is a good plan and go for it. I would say $1500-1700 would be a fair range for a predator in good condition

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                            I wouldn’t be afraid to look for a lightly used Trail XP 50 or 38. They have shot counters on the menu and check out the physical appearance. I’d obviously want to lay my hands on it physically though, so try to find someone local to sell one.

I was getting ready to sell a Trail XP50LRF for $4500 until Pulsar replaced mine. I’d much rather have an XP with LRF abilities than a XQ even if it meant used vs new.
                            Where would you look? Even on here there aren't many used thermals for sale.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Please explain why?

Armasight was bought by FLIR in 2016. FLIR ran it into the ground but had a great line of their own newer scopes, the ThermoSights built off the Armasight optics design. Without warning in January, FLIR shut down their entire thermal hunting scope division. Closed the doors and fired everyone at 5pm on a Friday. So you're buying a scope with 6-7+ year old technology from a company that was bought out by another company 4+ years ago, who is now since shut down operations. If the scope is less than 3 years old with an original receipt, FLIR will likely honor the warranty. They are honoring the warranty without any issues on FLIR branded scopes but it's getting sketchy on the Armasight stuff at this point since 99% of them in use today are waaaay past the warranty period.

Pulsar's start at $1,899, so you don't have spend $5,000. A $2,295 Bering Optics Hogster 25mm will blow most of the old Predator's out of the water.

He's just trying to steer you clear of a trap that many guys get into of buying old technology for as much or more than what newer better technology would cost.

So with that all said, the scope does have some value because it's a working thermal and like you said, you've already killed pigs with it and know it what it will do. Give us the exact model and I'll offer up my 2 cents on what it might be worth. We need the model, magnification, condition, age (original receipt available if its under 3 years) etc.

Jason
                              Last edited by Outdoor Legacy; 09-22-2020, 10:51 PM.

Comment

What everyone’s trying to say these are scopes true but need to be looked for what they truely are: Electronics

And we all know electronics improve in leaps and bounds instead of over a long period of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X