Prk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prk

Finally was able to scrounge up the cash to get my laser corrected vision. Been wearing glasses and contacts for nearly 20 years.

Got my consultation done and it revealed I have a thin cornea, making me a risky patient for lasik. I know the PRK healing sucks, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Purchased thru groupon. Includes consultation, basic prk procedure, punctal plugs, follow up.. $1,999.

Shoutout thanks to nannyslayer for her advice thru this process.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
    Finally was able to scrounge up the cash to get my laser corrected vision. Been wearing glasses and contacts for nearly 20 years.

Got my consultation done and it revealed I have a thin cornea, making me a risky patient for lasik. I know the PRK healing sucks, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Purchased thru groupon. Includes consultation, basic prk procedure, punctal plugs, follow up.. $1,999.

Shoutout thanks to nannyslayer for her advice thru this process.

Mann eye is a sight sponsor

Comment

Originally posted by airehead View Post
      Mann eye is a sight sponsor
      Yea, I've spoken with her and she is super!! I ended up coming to Lasik Vision Institute in Dallas, due to financials.

Comment

I did it here in SA about 2 years ago. The healing part does suck but it's so worth it.

I paid double what you're paying (procedure done by the Spurs eye doc).

Don't regret it at all.

Comment

Prayers for a slow recovery....

Only so that you can let that 10 pound badge sit for a few days. [emoji23]

Comment

You’ll love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

I had thin corneas and had PRK done years ago!

The healing process was not that bad and beats the alternative!

Good luck!

Comment

I had it. Love it

Comment

It will be worth it! I had lasik in my right eye and prk in the left. Right was fine the next day, the prk eye took 2 weeks in a dark room before it quit hurting. It was brutal but worth it in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had PRK done in 2002. One of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

Comment

I had PRK done in 2006. The healing was rough but worth it in the end. I ended up with 20-15 in my right dominant eye.
                        Are they doing one at a time or both together?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                          I had PRK done in 2006. The healing was rough but worth it in the end. I ended up with 20-15 in my right dominant eye.
                          Are they doing one at a time or both together?
                          I appreciate the prayers everyone. They did do both eyes at the same time. The healing part does definitely sucks but my check up today did reveal close to 20/20 and should do nothing but get better.

Comment

Make sure you use drops every hour or whatever it was. I did it almost 3 yrs ago, major game changer. The healing part does suck though.

Comment

Just had Lasik last week, 20/25 in my left, 20/crap in my right for whatever reason i was the rare one and the flap wrinkled up No have 12 stitches holding the flap back down in the right eye. 6 weeks of this and bow season gone. Just hope in the end all will be good as I have faith it will be.

Good Luck and prayers to a speedy recovery.

Comment

Working...
                              X