Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Matt.

Prayers continue for You and Yours.

This has been an emotional week for me........can't imagine what it was for ya'll.

Comment

Well, I am setting in a blind at the axis lease watching 5 deer eat my corn. From my high spot, I can see all the way back to Tuthdoc Canyon. Or at least that is what I am calling it now. I am at peace with god this weekend. I could not have said the same thing last weekend. My bow now sports a fancy new TD sticker. I hope to make tuth proud later on this season. I miss him, but understand there is much more going on than what I can control. I am excited that I will be sharing camp this year with Tuths family and friends. Mark, Matt and Dago, looking forward to taking some LDPs this season in honor of John.

Comment

Yesterday I sat at a funeral at 11:30 for a 59 year old man named Larry that was very close and like a father to MichaelW. As we sat there, I kept thinking of Johns funeral going on at the same time just on the other side of Houston from where we where. I felt like I was there in spirit and mind.

Later that night I presented a graduation scholarship for Hempstead High and looked up in the top of the PV baby dome only to see a big Pepsi symbol on the scoreboard over head. Once again Tuthdoc came to mind.

I have not drank a pepsi in probably over 10 yrs, but will in honor of him next time I see one at a quickstop, etc....

Krivoman- tell Rothwell after last year he owes it to John to smoke a good one...

Comment

Heres mine.
          Attached Files

Comment

Seems like things have slowed down somewhat. For a week or so it has been a whirlwind of grief and emotions felt by everybody that "JOHN LEE" touched by his going ahead of us.

I think it is the appropriate time now to go a step further and reflect on our lifes, and ask ourselves some questions. Are we living our lifes as we should?. Think,...if i pass on right now will as many people take me to their heart as many did with "JOHN". Lets use John's exemplary life as to how we should live ours. Not only will it be beneficial for everbody but also continue John's legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by GILBERT View Post
              Seems like things have slowed down somewhat. For a week or so it has been a whirlwind of grief and emotions felt by everybody that "JOHN LEE" touched by his going ahead of us.

I think it is the appropriate time now to go a step further and reflect on our lifes, and ask ourselves some questions. Are we living our lifes as we should?. Think,...if i pass on right now will as many people take me to their heart as many did with "JOHN". Lets use John's exemplary life as to how we should live ours. Not only will it be beneficial for everbody but also continue John's legacy.
              Excellent post.........

Comment

Originally posted by GILBERT View Post

There was a lot of that for me personally at the funeral... I like to play the smart arse card from time to time and I really need to work on when and when not to use it. (for everything there is a season)

I used to paint my stands with "Walk with me Fred" to honor Fred Bear but it was more of a fun thing to do rather than an actual tribute (I never met Fred Bear nor did I follow his bowhunting career when I was a kid.) Might see "Walk with me John" on more than a few stands in my future.

Your point is spot on.

Comment

Excellent post, Gilbert. I know that many people were touched by the words spoken by Mr. Carnathan, Matt and Mark at the service, and have paused to reflect on the statement that Mr. Carnathan made, and that now appear in Mary's signature, about "What the world needs is more men like John Lee..." (with due respect to the women in this world and on this site). He followed that by having us ask ourselves if our children would say we're good fathers, if our spouses would say we're great husbands, and we can, of course, extend that to brothers/sisters, family, friends, leaders, etc.

I was thinking before the funeral that the world lost a great man when John Lee died, and while it's true that the world was a better place when John was here, it is still a better place, and we are better people, for having had John in our lives. Of course, that is only true if we continue to honor his legacy by remembering and emulating those quality traits that we learned from him.

Personally, like John, I have only daughters (three), and while I think we do a lot together as a family, I have decided that I want to spend more one-on-one time with each of them by taking them to a movie (like John did frequently with Jamie), or to lunch or hanging out with them one at a time, in addition to the time we spend together as a family.

Michael
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Personally, like John, I have only daughters (three), and while I think we do a lot together as a family, I have decided that I want to spend more one-on-one time with each of them by taking them to a movie (like John did frequently with Jamie), or to lunch or hanging out with them one at a time, in addition to the time we spend together as a family.

Michael
                    This hits home.

Found out last nite....that when your younguns get quiet.....they are screaming inside to talk with you.

Listen!
                    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by joey~ap View Post
                      this hits home.

found out last nite....that when your younguns get quiet.....they are screaming inside to talk with you.

listen!
                      sorry mr joey ...but when my youngun is quiet ....something at the farm is fixin to break , or there is a lizard or frog in the toilet , or the lab is locked in the pantry ........sorry couldnt resist ....all in fun ............but i hear ya

Comment

Most of my thinking on this has been pretty deep, In a post I made the comment that everyone wants to think they left their mark when they are gone, Obviously, Doc did, but what will my kids think, what will my friends think, I, in no way expect to leave the kind of legacy of Doc, But I have a daughter that I don't know real well, (another story) Anyway, She recently left me a note that she was leaving town (with my grandbabies) and she did not feel as close to me as the rest of my kids, Well she is not and I don't feel like that is all my fault, But if I leave this earth tomorrow, What will she think of me?? I can only hope for the best. I hope I can be rememberer as a good friend, husband, and father

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          Excellent post, Gilbert. I know that many people were touched by the words spoken by Mr. Carnathan, Matt and Mark at the service, and have paused to reflect on the statement that Mr. Carnathan made, and that now appear in Mary's signature, about "What the world needs is more men like John Lee..." (with due respect to the women in this world and on this site). He followed that by having us ask ourselves if our children would say we're good fathers, if our spouses would say we're great husbands, and we can, of course, extend that to brothers/sisters, family, friends, leaders, etc.

I was thinking before the funeral that the world lost a great man when John Lee died, and while it's true that the world was a better place when John was here, it is still a better place, and we are better people, for having had John in our lives. Of course, that is only true if we continue to honor his legacy by remembering and emulating those quality traits that we learned from him.

Michael
                          I had an eye opening experience a number of years ago. I spent a lot of time with my daughter when she was 2 and then a lot from her teens up. I wish I'd spent more time with her in between but glad my involvement increased while she was still willing to allow it. If I'd waited a couple more years, it probably would have been too late. We still have one-on-one time at least every couple of months and she's 26. If I go too long without setting it up, she'll text me and ask me to go out with her. She'll even pick up the check sometimes. My wife and I go out on a date almost every Thursday evening. Ocassionally my daughter will ask what our plans are and I know that means she wants to tag along with us.

Make time for and cherish time with your family. She's getting married in December and who knows if the future S-I-L will want her to be that involved in our lives.

Comment

Originally posted by mboltm View Post
                            Most of my thinking on this has been pretty deep, In a post I made the comment that everyone wants to think they left their mark when they are gone, Obviously, Doc did, but what will my kids think, what will my friends think, I, in no way expect to leave the kind of legacy of Doc, But I have a daughter that I don't know real well, (another story) Anyway, She recently left me a note that she was leaving town (with my grandbabies) and she did not feel as close to me as the rest of my kids, Well she is not and I don't feel like that is all my fault, But if I leave this earth tomorrow, What will she think of me?? I can only hope for the best. I hope I can be rememberer as a good friend, husband, and father
                            She's reaching out to you, reach back!

Comment

Another John Lesson

It has been a rough week for us so far. Jen and I both started back to work on Monday, and that sorta helps to take our minds off the loss, but its so hard to get back going. I almost feel like everyone tells you its time to move on and try and forget what happened, but I am just not ready to do that yet.

Another lesson I take from John, is the fact that your kids are not always going to be interested in what we are interested in. We can hope for that, but doesn't always happen. I have 2 boys, and its my hope that they are both avid hunters and sports freaks, like me. If they do not show those same interests its on me, to get into whatever it is that they are into. Its not their job to adapt to me, I have to adapt to them, its my responsibility as a parent.

When it was apparent that neither of John's daughters were going to be hunters he became involved in their activities. Concerts, Dance, Friday Night Football Games, Movie Watching, etc. He was really good at making his girls feel special, and that seems to be the key.

He loved to fish, I didn't. I love to play golf, he didn't. He took up golf the last few years so he and I could have something we could do together in the spring. He could have went fishing, and I would not have cared, I knew it is what he loved to do, but he chose to spend that time with me on a golf course. That is the kind of man and father figure John was to me.

He never forced fishing on me. You guys think he was smart about hunting, you should have spent a day on the water with him. He was so good it was scary. He could tell my heart wasn't in it, so he decided to do things with me that I was more into, and I cannot thank him enough for that.

I really hope that my boys want to hunt and play sports just like I did, but if they don't I am going to take a page out of John's notebook (very extensive notebook) and get involved in their other activities so we will have that special bond John shared with both his daughters.

Comment

More Good Stuff, Matt.

Thanks.

Gilbert, Welcome to the site. You're going to be a Big asset to TBH.com.

Thank You, Sir, for your post.

Comment

Working...
                                X