No announcement yet.

Cost of replacing water heaters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowe’s has 50 gallon for less than $500. As others have said, if they are both the same age and located together, it might be worth replacing both while you’re at it.

Comment

Used a two block pulley system for hanging deer etc and replaced mine alone after getting what was a roughly $1,200 quote.

Was a pain in the hot attic but well worth the savings.

Comment

Just had one replaced in my new house. $1250 for new hot water heater, installation, and removal of two old hot water heaters.

Comment

Most likely $2k+ from any large plumbing company. Depends on what’s needed for code upgrades, but 50 gallon tanks in an attic typically come with extra charges on install.

If you go the DIY route, and the old tank is full of mineral, you will find out quickly why the price is so high for install.

Comment

Get a buddy to help if you do it yourself. Almost broke my ankle trying to get the old down myself. Really hurt when I then had to pay a plumber because I couldn't walk.

Comment

My tankless sat exposed on the outside of my house. It busted during the freeze a few months ago. No idea on cost...one of the perks of renting I guess. I did look at the cost online for the same model, and they were $2K-$3k. A plumber worked on it first, couldn’t finish the job, so an electrician came to complete the install. Had an extension cord running out of it as a bandaid for a month.

Comment

I'm asking for info..... Cause, I don't understand..........
                I've never had one.............
                But, can somebody explain the logic, of putting a hot water
                tank in the attic..... I don't get it.........
                Don't mean to hijack op..............

Comment

I replace 50-60 gallon electrics often (own several rental houses) and I buy mine for $485 and install them myself and I am NOT that handy. Mine are all ground level though

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                    I'm asking for info..... Cause, I don't understand..........
                    I've never had one.............
                    But, can somebody explain the logic, of putting a hot water
                    tank in the attic....
                    . I don't get it.........
                    Don't mean to hijack op..............
                    easy, to save precious A/C floor space in house. Good, bad and otherwise...

Comment

Just replaced one of my 50 gallon water heater 2 weeks ago with a 75 gallon plastic rheem. I paid 1400.00 for the water heater and installed myself was very easy. The hardest part was getting the old one out it weighed at least 200lb, and I have a big stairway that goes up into attic. Probably will have to replace other water heater soon also it’s 15 years old.

Comment

Working...
                      X