School me on best trailer for my tractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kck View Post
    Gooseneck for sure and you don’t need a CDL if it’s farm registered and will only be used to transport your farm equipment not for profit and within 150 miles of registered location.

OP, I have a 28’ + 5 dual tandem and love it to death and no CDL. It is farm registered.
    Farm tags gets you out inspection too.

Comment

School me on best trailer for my tractor

Your 20’ bumper-pull would’ve worked fine, but since you’re starting fresh, I’d definitely go with a gooseneck. I’m personally not a fan of the drive over fenders. It always seems they are always in the way and there isn’t a good spot to strap/chain things down if you have something in the middle. If I was you, I’d probably look for a 22-24’+5’ dovetail with Monster/Mega ramps that will fold flat.

If you don’t have your CDL, you will have to keep your gcwr under 26,000 lbs. Your F-250 probably has a 10,000 lb gvwr, so you can go up to 16,000 on your trailer, but most stick to 14,000 so it can be pulled with a 1 ton pickup if needed and still stay under. You can either stay with 7000lb tandem axles or you can you higher and just have the trailer derated on the registration to stay out of CDL territory.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
        23 replies and no mention of needing a CDL-

because it won't be required with the rigs mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
          Get a 24' goose neck !

for a 27' load?

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
            Lots depends on what you want to spend. Gooseneck will handle the load better in my opinion. Always get longer than you think you need. Go ahead and get the widest trailer allowed by law. JMO
            This

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              for a 27' load?
              Yes sir put the front end loader on top of the neck of the trailer. I have done this 1k times myself. 70hp with shedder and loader on a 20' gooseneck.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a 24’ Top Hat gooseneck, 102” wide and STOUT that we’re about to sell. Could use a new deck. Only selling as we bought a brand new one for tax reasons!

Comment

Working...
                X