• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
    [ATTACH]1048517[/ATTACH]

Like this one
    Daddy likes!

Comment

I’d get a low profile gooseneck. I hate drive over fenders when you need to haul something other than a vehicle. I’d look at 25-28’ tandem.

Comment

Lots depends on what you want to spend. Gooseneck will handle the load better in my opinion. Always get longer than you think you need. Go ahead and get the widest trailer allowed by law. JMO
        Last edited by doghouse; 05-04-2021, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
          I’d get a low profile gooseneck. I hate drive over fenders when you need to haul something other than a vehicle. I’d look at 25-28’ tandem.
          This!!

Comment

The greatest downside to a gooseneck is the room it takes to turn into a tight place. Where the bumper pull will “follow” your truck to a great extent, the gooseneck will “cut across”, which might make it harder to turn into a driveway or entrance. Conversely, the goose neck will back into a tight place easier because it’s not tied to the very back of your vehicle. If you pull with a pickup, you have to watch for tailgate or bed damage if you get in rough or uneven terrain.

I have both, and I move my tractor on my 20’ bumper pull, my backhoe on my 24’ dovetail gooseneck. I pull both with an F350 with a flat bed.

Comment

Drive over fenders are ok but IMO they suck lol I have 9 goosenecks and I’ve tried a couple drive over fenders but if you ever wanted to haul anything requiring the full deck your shafted, loading rock, sod or anything that needs to be over the axles for weight distribution and your out of luck. I buy trailers for the unknowns not the knowns, never know when you will need to use that high dollar puppy for something you didn’t intend. Mine are all lowboy flatbeds now with Monster Ramps and hydraulic jacks, I’m over manually jacking any trailer these days.. Most of mine are 32’ but 28’ is the best all around size IMO.

Comment

Google B&W gooseneck hitch and search for a dealer they have what u need. Keep the insert greased good and u have a bed with no ball when needed.

Gooseneck trailer with a dovetail and dual axles to hold 15 to 20k because you rarely need a smaller trailer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BarW View Post
                  Google B&W gooseneck hitch and search for a dealer they have what u need. Keep the insert greased good and u have a bed with no ball when needed.

Gooseneck trailer with a dovetail and dual axles to hold 15 to 20k because you rarely need a smaller trailer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                  Awesome. Thanks!

Comment

A gooseneck may cut down on the number of people always wanting to borrow your trailer too.

Comment

23 replies and no mention of needing a CDL-

Comment

Gooseneck is the way to go with that setup. You’ve gotten really good advice already.

If you want to put off the gooseneck for the time being, get a weight distributing hitch for your bumper pull and try that. Every pound you put on the hitch with a pumper pull takes weight off of your front truck tires. That makes for a different drive, and that’s not a small tractor. A weight distributing hitch will take some weight off the rear of your truck, and put it on the trailer, adding some weight back to your front truck tires. May be a compromise until you can find the GN you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get yourself set up with a gooseneck and you will thank yourself later! Overall easier to pull and manuever after you get used to them. Get at least a 24'. Trailers are a bit like tractors in that you always want to have more than you need rather than less to get the job done! As stated, any truck accessory place will have you set up with the hitch in no time. Good luck with your project!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                            Or a low deck flat top gooseneck, but they are still pretty high if you aren't used to loading equipment on trailers.
                            There is definitely a pucker factor the first few times, especially when a dozer makes that tilt.

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                            Why would he need a cdl?

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post

Why would he need a cdl?

Depending on the GVWR of the truck, and the GVWR of the trailer he buys, he may very well be in that range. If the 2 added together total 26,000, technically he does.

Nobody likes to talk about it because we mentioned that to a snowflake here a few months ago and he got butthurt.

They keep raising the GVWR on these trucks to up the tow rating, and with some trailers, it puts you in that range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                                Gooseneck for sure and you don’t need a CDL if it’s farm registered and will only be used to transport your farm equipment not for profit and within 150 miles of registered location.

OP, I have a 28’ + 5 dual tandem and love it to death and no CDL. It is farm registered.

Comment

Working...
                                X