gate openers, which is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gate openers, which is better?

I have a Patriot opener and it’s fast and has been dead reliable for me. Their tech support is phenomenal. I had to call them after hours on an issue I was having and the tech called me at 7:30PM and had me going in no time. He knew every component of that opener including individual electronic components on the circuit board. [emoji15]

My gate opens at least 1.5x faster than my neighbor and my gate is bigger and heavier than his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have an old Apollo and if I had to choose between the new Apollo or Patriot I would go with the Patriot

FWIW my Apollo now has a Patriot board in it

Have also heard good things about Ghost and they are considerably cheaper I am told

Comment

I work for a fence supply company and we sell Liftmasters most, then I'd say a toss up between US Auto and Viking. Apollo (Nice) pre-dates me but all of our customers say once they went to Nice, their quality went way down, so we don't even sell them anymore. OP I'd personally go with a US Automatic.

Comment

Ghost Control

Comment

which of these has the best built in lock? i had a mighty mule years ago and the keypad and remote worked well but it was not a locking version.

Comment

My Dad always thought one of us 3 boys was the best, especially when it was raining

Comment

I vote for Apollo.

7 years trouble free.

One interesting note. I bought a second receiver/antenna for it that allows me to open the gate from the house 2500' away...clear line of sight.
                Last edited by Tbar; 04-28-2021, 03:24 PM.

Comment

I recommend Ghost Control. Mine has 2 years on it with no problems. The "Zombie Lock" they sell is a pretty nice addition.

Comment

Another vote for Ghost Controls. I researched the heck out of gate openers and felt they had the best bang for the buck in terms of quality and value. My gate weighs 250+ pounds and the single arm GC system handles it with ease. As for speed, I wouldn’t claim it’s fast but it’s on par with most of the others IMO. I also found a video on YouTube where a guy installed a extended range antenna so I did the same to mine. Only spent about $12 and it works flawlessly. My gate is about 300’ from my shop and I can open and close it with the remotes when my driveway alarm lets me know someone is at the gate. With that kind of range you can trigger the gate to open way before you get to it and there’s plenty of time.

Here’s a video I shot of mine the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                      Another vote for Ghost Controls. I researched the heck out of gate openers and felt they had the best bang for the buck in terms of quality and value. My gate weighs 250+ pounds and the single arm GC system handles it with ease. As for speed, I wouldn’t claim it’s fast but it’s on par with most of the others IMO. I also found a video on YouTube where a guy installed a extended range antenna so I did the same to mine. Only spent about $12 and it works flawlessly. My gate is about 300’ from my shop and I can open and close it with the remotes when my driveway alarm lets me know someone is at the gate. With that kind of range you can trigger the gate to open way before you get to it and there’s plenty of time.

Here’s a video I shot of mine the other day.
                      https://youtu.be/lNSSIuh03oI

Good stuff, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X