gate openers, which is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gate openers, which is better?

I want to install a electric entry gate and heard these two companies (Apollo, Patriot) for the opener. Anyone have good or bad experience with either?

Had the Apollo - ummm - wife best!!!!!

Comment

Patriot all day !
      Apollo used to be great, but now has plastic gears.
      Won’t last half the time as US Automatic. We replace them with Patriots all the time.

Comment

I had a Mighty Mule for nine or ten years and it served me well but I think I just got lucky, judging by others experiences.
        When it finally died , I did a lot of research and settled on a Nice. I think Nice bought Apollo. They are an Italian company, I believe.
        Once I got it adjusted, it’s been a very good gate opener for me. Trouble free and reliable.

Comment

I have installed several of the Nice/ Apollo openers. Have had no problems with almost any of them, but have one thats an endless issue. I have had to replace every single component and am currently working on replacing the entire system.
          I have been looking at switching to the US automatic Patriot. Local vendor, local parts, and a better warranty but not sure one system justifies leaving Apollo.

Comment

1st one I installed was a Nice Apollo. Constant PIA. Instructions for set-up caused me so much confusion. I hated it.

Now I have a US Automatic Patriot. Super easy to install. Simple, easy to follow instructions. I had this one set-up and going in no time.

Comment

I have a $300 mighty mule. So far so good. Works great. When it breaks I’ll buy another one.

Comment

I'm about to get a Mighty Mule, step son has one and has been pleased with it.

Comment

I have had DKS for over 16 years and still going strong.

Comment

What about cantilever operators.

Comment

Patriot and Lift Master are the only ones that seem to hold up. We've tried several other brands with no luck.

Comment

I’ve had good luck with my Apollo. No issues and going strong for a bunch of years, 10 maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Liftmaster or Ghost

Comment

One of the big differences in mighty mule vs Apollo/liftmaster/US Automatic is the speed. The MM is slow as molasses. If you are an impatient person, you will love the mighty mule....LOL

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                              One of the big differences in mighty mule vs Apollo/liftmaster/US Automatic is the speed. The MM is slow as molasses. If you are an impatient person, you will love the mighty mule....LOL

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                              My Might Mule remote works from at least 300 yards. I’m impatient as hell but have a spot that I click the remote. The gate is open when I get there.

Comment

Working...
                              X