Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bmaker8709 View Post
    txpitdog:

I would definitely purchase the ZL1 again, if I had the funds. My BIL had an SS 1LE at the same time, and there was a noticeable difference in sound and power (kind of obvious due to the supercharger). When I owned the car I lived in Harker Heights, and used to travel to Belton quite a bit to see a girl (now my wife). There were several times I was able to "safely" open it up on Highway 190, but never to its full potential. I will say the funnest times I spent with the car were windy country backroads.
    Ok last question...maybe. Was the 1LE a noticeable improvement in handling? I think the ZL1 domes with most of the 1LE (?), could be wrong.

Comment

In my opinion, yes. The 1LE had a much stiffer suspension but everything else felt the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmaker8709 View Post
        In my opinion, yes. The 1LE had a much stiffer suspension but everything else felt the same.
        Thanks again for answering my questions. Now I just need to come up with the $66,000 and I’ll be set!

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
          ..........but do you have any place to really open it up and use its potential safely?
          The track.

Comment

It comes down to if you're a Mopar or GM guy.

Also, what is your goal? Do you want to actually have a fast car? If so, you need to make at least 600hp or more. Manufactures keep raising the bar on stock vehicles. Everything is so fast now a days. You're not going to be close to the fastest guy around with a standard RT or SS that's 10 years old.

There's a handful of soccer moms driving around with those new Jeep grand Cherokees that look like grocery getters, but will wax a 2010 SS Camaro lol. Same goes with a lot of these tuned diesels. A stock 6.7 power stroke with a 300hp or 350hp tune will ice those 10 year old stock v8 muscle cars.

Comment

I, too, am looking at purchasing a Camaro, once our house is completed (May 7th). I have looked at the 2018-2020 1LE 2SS packages. I would like a ZL1, but I just cant afford it. I have the funds for the 1LE, but I just have to find the car. It seems that once I find one, it is gone the next day.

I may just need to save up for the ZL1.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                I, too, am looking at purchasing a Camaro, once our house is completed (May 7th). I have looked at the 2018-2020 1LE 2SS packages. I would like a ZL1, but I just cant afford it. I have the funds for the 1LE, but I just have to find the car. It seems that once I find one, it is gone the next day.

I may just need to save up for the ZL1.
                I’ve drooled over a few ZL1’s on Texas Direct Auto. Might check there

Comment

Camaro every day over the challenger. I really want to love the challenger, but dodge just sucks. At the same price points, the camaro is far and away better. The dodge SHOULD be more reliable since it's the same pushrod tech, but they're just not. Mopar parts are more expensive. It's a heavy pig. Neither has great interiors, but I sure wouldnt put the dodge up there. Sucks, because on paper the challenger is everything an american car should be, but just doesnt work out. It's the best looking to me though.

Of course I skipped them all after shopping and bought a porsche 987.2 that weighs 1k less than them lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Yup and everyone is piped loud... and each driver looks around to see who’s “admiring” him when he nails it to get up to 40 mph in between lights. Probably all wear skinny jeans too.[emoji12][emoji23]
                    Easy now, don't profile just because you can't fit in either one!

JK, you probably can nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                      Easy now, don't profile just because you can't fit in either one!

JK, you probably can nowadays.
                      Someone had to say it

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                        Camaro every day over the challenger. I really want to love the challenger, but dodge just sucks. At the same price points, the camaro is far and away better. The dodge SHOULD be more reliable since it's the same pushrod tech, but they're just not. Mopar parts are more expensive. It's a heavy pig. Neither has great interiors, but I sure wouldnt put the dodge up there. Sucks, because on paper the challenger is everything an american car should be, but just doesnt work out. It's the best looking to me though.

Of course I skipped them all after shopping and bought a porsche 987.2 that weighs 1k less than them lol.
                        Save your pennies.

I had a 17 ZL1 & it was a beast...It's a drivers game with a Hellcat up to the 1/4 being lighter & having better stock / wider tires, but after that the extra hp's will have the HC in the lead. If you add any turns then it's game over as it's really what it was designed to do.

Keep the nannies on in town, especially if you let someone else drive it...650 ponies isn't for those who don't respect them.

Stock car besides the safety harness / role cage.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOIiYPmjxtQ"]Full Version - 2017 Camaro ZL1 Nurburgring Lap - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Someone had to say it

Sorry to offend your metrosexual dream...

Seriously though...Just look a the folks driving them...its easy to profile. They are either young 30K millionaires or 55-65 year old men trying to knock some years off the visual...both wearing said skinny jeans...

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            Save your pennies.

I had a 17 ZL1 & it was a beast...It's a drivers game with a Hellcat up to the 1/4 being lighter & having better stock / wider tires, but after that the extra hp's will have the HC in the lead. If you add any turns then it's game over as it's really what it was designed to do.

Keep the nannies on in town, especially if you let someone else drive it...650 ponies isn't for those who don't respect them.

Stock car besides the safety harness / role cage.

Full Version - 2017 Camaro ZL1 Nurburgring Lap - YouTube
                            I’ve got a fast car but I don’t have the guts, skill or money to fix it after I wrecked it. Lol!

Comment

Just a Chevy kind of a guy, so i say Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Sorry to offend your metrosexual dream...

Seriously though...Just look a the folks driving them...its easy to profile. They are either young 30K millionaires or 55-65 year old men trying to knock some years off the visual...both wearing said skinny jeans...
                                early 30s
                                not a millionaire
                                no skinny jeans
                                I bowhunt

Next!

Comment

Working...
                                X