Taos NM

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Why not?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Because I don’t drink. [emoji6]
    I retired from the pro drinkers circuit in 2010. I had a HOF career

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Well ****. Hopefully I never get to the point where I can't have a drink or two. That would suck.

It's a cool place with good food too.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Well ****. Hopefully I never get to the point where I can't have a drink or two. That would suck.

It's a cool place with good food too.

That was my problem. I couldn’t have a drink or two. [emoji15]
        Off switch didn’t exist.
        Any food recommendations?

Comment

Mante's Chow Cart, was the go to for breakfast

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Nothing that really stands out. In Red River the grill at the Lifehouse is good. The food at Taos Inn is good.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 04-18-2021, 07:17 AM.

Comment

I used to live in Taos.

Taos Outback Pizza is good.
                Pizanos is hard to beat as well.
                Guadalajara Grill for Mexican.
                Abe’s for breakfast burritos.
                Michael’s Kitchen for upscale.

Comment

We've been to the Mexican restaurant there on the main road cross from Walmart several times and its really good. Can't think of the name of it right now.
                  We love Taos, NM!

Comment

Any more fishing tips/places?

Comment

My buddies and I had a pretty good steak at Texas Reds in Red River back in March. Red River Brewing company has pretty good food.

Comment

Maybe check and see if the Picurus Pueblo has its fishing pond open.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I usually just strike out and explore and fish on my own when I go trout fishing but about two years ago my brother in law and nephew wanted to go. My son went as well. So we had 3 people who have very, very limited to no fly fishing experience and wanted them to have a good first experience with trout fishing. We booked Doc Thompson and Shane from High Country Anglers and had a super trip fishing several of their private waters. Fantastic fishing, decent quality fish and they are really good guys. Even the first timers caught lots of fish.

I have also fished that area on my own and have done OK. Lots of good options. Stop by the fly shop and visit with them. They will give you some good options. I have fished Valle Vidal and it was awesome but doesn't open until the first part of July. And like said above it may not be an option. But there are plenty of other areas. I've done pretty well on the Cimarron between Eagle Nest and Ute Park. Also have caught some fish between Red River and Questa on the Red River but it was only so-so for me.

If you stay in Taos there are tons of great places to eat. Michael's was a favorite for breakfast. Lambert's was really good, a little more upscale. La Cueva is a pretty good lunch spot. I can't remember all the places we have eaten in Taos but I don't think I found a bad meal there yet. Lots of good places to eat. Red River, not so much. Eagle Nest, not so much. Red River has a newish micro brewery/restaurant that looked good but was packed when we went through. Last time we stayed in RR the food options were not what I would call great. But it's a cool place to stay.

There are several good micro breweries that have tasting rooms. There is one just outside of Eagle Nest that is a great place to grab a couple beers after you come off the water. We watched elk in the meadows off in the distance from there as we sat outside and drank a beer. It was a nice way to wrap up a day of fishing. I think that is the Comanche Creek Brewery. There was another good one north of Taos towards the Rio Grande Gorge bridge. Taos Mesa Brewing or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                              I used to live in Taos.

Taos Outback Pizza is good.
                              Pizanos is hard to beat as well.
                              Guadalajara Grill for Mexican.
                              Abe’s for breakfast burritos.
                              Michael’s Kitchen for upscale.
                              Thanks for posting, will file this away until I can get back to check some of these out.

Comment

Talk to Ryan at Taos Fly Shop. We are going to do some fishing with them in the Rio Grande Gorge in June. It is a hike in trip to the bottom of the gorge, not a lot of folks hit that area. It is north of Taos a bit.

Was in Taos this last week for a day-cation (it's only 4 hours from me). They are still working on coming out of COVID, lots of shops open. Best breakfast in town (and best service) is Michaels.

Comment

Working...
                                X