No announcement yet.

Austin poker clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hit them up a lot when they started in San Antonio but now the hourly chair rental is up to 12 an hour I believe. It’s very hard to have a good session at lower stakes

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      I've known of and played in lots of home games. Never heard of one getting busted in the last 15 years.

So home games with rakes may be illegal but the law ignores them from what I see. We even had a LEO or two playing in a few of them.

And a couple got robbed over the years and nothing was ever even said to owner about it being illegal. With the new business where poker is highly visible as being legal they should really not care about home games at all.
      A friend of mine got shot while playing in one of these games. He had stepped into the bathroom and while he was in there the robbers came in. Him being unaware of what was going on came up on them and suprised them after he was returning to the game. They shot him in the chest. RIP Donald.

Comment

I play at Texas Card House in Dallas.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a family member who plays underground games a few places in Austin. He's been in a game when the place was robbed. One of them has security 24/7.

Comment

Been wondering about these since the one open on Williams drive in Georgetown. Been many years since I last played a game. May have to go check one out.

Comment

Working...
            X