Feeder pens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder pens

Bigger pen the better from my experience, but like said above. It will take them a little while to get use to it. I wouldn’t cut it down at all, we’ve had guys do this and The cows just hop right in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTxTracking View Post
      Talk to me about your feeder pens. Mine is 8 hog panels round and doesn’t seem to be cramped. But only have a few jumping in and most are just walking around it. Should I cut the top rung off? Maybe make it bigger?

Those are 34" tall panels?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        Those are 34" tall panels?

Yes sir the 34” hog panels

Comment

Yes sir the 34” hog panels

They look tall. I'd add 4-6 more panels. Never had issues with deer hopping in our pens. Yours does looked cramped

Comment

You might be OK with that small of a pen if you just had the corn feeder in the middle. But with two big feeders in there, it's cramped.

Comment

I have 9 panels on 2 of my spots in e tx with zero issues of deer jumping in. 7 deer in at one time multiple times. I use the 34inch hog panels. Dont cut or hogs will jump in them.

Comment

You need at least double the pen size with that amount of equipment inside. If you took all the feeders out and just hand corned they would all jump in. Thats just from my experience.

Comment

Following

Comment

OP. That pic made me think those were cattle panels. Don’t cut the hog panels any lower or you will have hogs in it. Chances are you will will get a hog in there from time to time.

Comment

Is that all new? I added a trough to my best existing feed pen. It instantly turned it into my worst location. Pictures show the deer looking at it like an alien landed on their dinner table.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                        Is that all new? I added a trough to my best existing feed pen. It instantly turned it into my worst location. Pictures show the deer looking at it like an alien landed on their dinner table.

Not new for say, it was an existing spot on the lease. This is my first year on the lease. But, it probably hasn’t been fed since dec-Jan time.

Comment

I like my pens big! Mine are 24 panels each, I want them to feel like they aren’t in a pen.

Comment

I should add to say that every feed location on our place has an 8 panel feed pen. So it’s not just mine that is 8 panels

Comment

I should add to say that every feed location on our place has an 8 panel feed pen. So it’s not just mine that is 8 panels

What is the feeder with the cover on it? Coon buffet?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                                What is the feeder with the cover on it? Coon buffet?

The trough? Protein feeder. I was running trophy coon hunts on them, but we’ve done took care of that situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X