X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice for Prescott and his family.

Comment

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
      2. Anytime a "franchise" QB gets paid, it's industry standard that the QB gets the new record breaking contract

Except he didn't get the new record breaking contract (except signing bonus). Mahomes has him beat from last year....and understandably so.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Except he didn't get the new record breaking contract (except signing bonus). Mahomes has him beat from last year....and understandably so.
        Correct, and I agree with that.

Comment

Never win a Super Bowl with Dak.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
            Never win a Super Bowl with Dak.
            Name QB's you think can win a Superbowl?

Comment

Originally posted by Rj Flores View Post
              Just trying to state that you should watch what you write and the terms you use! Especially in todays society.

maybe u should watch what you write and say know what I mean

Comment

In about two years when the Cowboys cut him because his ankles can't hold up he can get to the Super Bowl like another Cowboy great (Tony Romo) did it- as a broadcaster.

Comment

Dak wasn't paid anywhere near is worth 2016-2019(less than a 1M/yr), yet he honored his existing contract, played hard, and never complained. Probably the best QB Dallas has had in the last 20 years.

2001 Quincy Carter (8) / Anthony Wright (3) / Ryan Leaf (3) / Clint Stoerner (2)
                  2002 Chad Hutchinson (9) / Quincy Carter (7)
                  2003 Quincy Carter (16)
                  2004 Vinny Testaverde (15) / Drew Henson (1)
                  2005 Drew Bledsoe (16)
                  2006 Tony Romo (10) / Drew Bledsoe (6)
                  2007 Tony Romo (16)
                  2008 Tony Romo (13) / Brad Johnson (3)
                  2009 Tony Romo (16)
                  2010 Jon Kitna (9) / Tony Romo (6) / Stephen McGee (1)
                  2011 Tony Romo (16)
                  2012 Tony Romo (16)
                  2013 Tony Romo (15) / Kyle Orton (1)
                  2014 Tony Romo (15) / Brandon Weeden (1)
                  2015 Matt Cassel (7) / Tony Romo (4) / Brandon Weeden (3) / Kellen Moore (2)
                  2016 Dak Prescott (16)

Comment

Who cares!!!!
                    It’s none of my money going to him. I don’t buy tickets to go see a game. I don’t buy cowboy merchandise. I don’t even watch the games for free on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
                      Name QB's you think can win a Superbowl?
                      There are quite a few QB's that could win a Superbowl. Just look around the league and you will see better QB's with worse teams winning as many games as the Cowboys with Dak at the helm.

Comment

Dak Prescott

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                        Really ? I guess you are saying Pollard is better, that is comical. I will agree that the Jason Garrett way is not the best way to construct a team now days, answer me this, if not for Zeke would Dak be the starting QB for the Cowboys ? Somebody needs to let the Titans know they have been beating a dead horse, you cannot win with a mediocre QB and a great running back.

Titans payed Henry 1/2 what Zeke got, and they weren’t trying to build the team around him. He’s also a better back than zeke, and they didn’t pay him before they had to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-09-2021, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                          There are quite a few QB's that could win a Superbowl. Just look around the league and you will see better QB's with worse teams winning as many games as the Cowboys with Dak at the helm.
                          Looking at other QB's in the league means nothing if they aren't available. Those QB's you talk about, if they are good enough to lead the team to wins without any support, are not going to be easily obtained as the team they are on aren't going to be willing to give them up.

I could see the argument for Russell Wilson, but who else?

Comment

I think they had to pay him. They had him for a bargain for so long, and then he had a horrific injury. I don't like to think there are people out there, but I guarantee the race card would have been dropped. They would have said, if this was Tony Romo, he would have been paid a long time ago. Either way, lets see him live up to that big $$ now.

Comment

Haters are gonna hate. I am sure there are fans up in New England still mad about Tom Bradys last contract saying it was "too much money and the only reason he won was because of Kraft and Belichek". Lol

Dak is a good quarterback. He isn't the BEST but he is top 10. How many people thought Romo was trash and only getting paid because Jerry liked him? Turns out Romo was a good QB... better than Dak, actually.

As far as the fairness of their multi-million dollar salaries are concerned you have no one to blame but yourselves. If people didn't watch pro sports, watch ESPN, go to games, read the articles, buy the merchandise, etc... the Billions would stop flowing in. No one posts about Goodells compensation or Jerry Jones for that matter. If the players are making what they make for actually being the "talent" how much are the owners making? And on top of that for HOW LONG? Most players play 3-5 years... Jerry Jones has owned the Cowboys for **** near 30 years.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                                I'd rather have Mond than Dak…..and I detest Mond.
                                The bad part is they probably will draft Mond in the fourth Round. So they will have them both lol .

Comment

Working...
                                X