Dak Prescott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chwoodall View Post
    How so? They run around a field playing with a ball. Do you think that warrants tens of millions of dollars? It's a **** game, no sports should have players making that type of money if you ask me. The whole pro sports thing is BS. It's all about money and nothing more.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

What job isn’t about the money. They probably should get paid more, only 1,696 people out of 7.674 billion can do what they do. When was the last time 64,000 people showed up to watch you work? I have no idea what you do or did for a living but how many million people can do your job? No reason to be jealous and hateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s funny reading all the post, some advocating for the guy and some not. Will any of you make 140M over the next 4 years? Have you checked your electric bill from February, maybe Dak will send you a stimulus check. Don’t think so, but I bet he spends some of it supporting BLM.

Comment

Originally posted by klepdo View Post
        What job isn’t about the money. They probably should get paid more, only 1,696 people out of 7.674 billion can do what they do. When was the last time 64,000 people showed up to watch you work? I have no idea what you do or did for a living but how many million people can do your job? No reason to be jealous and hateful.

millions can do what they do.....just not as well and sometimes I wonder about them.

Comment

Man, if Prescott can make this kind of money with mediocre success....Patrick Mahomes is going to bankrupt the Chiefs if he chooses to. Be interesting to see if he can leave money on the table to hopefully keep some of that talent around him.

The Cowboys....well as the saying goes..."There's always next year."
          Congrats to Prescott, can't hate on a man for securing his future and he genuinely seems like a pretty good guy.

Comment

so sad yall are watching the nfl

Comment

Mahomes already signed a 10 yr, 500mil contract.

As many have said, they should have locked up Dak when they could pay him 20mil a few years ago.

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
              Man, if Prescott can make this kind of money with mediocre success....Patrick Mahomes is going to bankrupt the Chiefs if he chooses to. Be interesting to see if he can leave money on the table to hopefully keep some of that talent around him.

The Cowboys....well as the saying goes..."There's always next year."
              Congrats to Prescott, can't hate on a man for securing his future and he genuinely seems like a pretty good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by klepdo View Post

You're right, everything revolves around money.. but that's not my point.

I'd wager a majority of folks on this board have some type of job or skillset that actually matters and benefits society in some ways, or is outright necessary to the community. I'm just a regular plant worker, but in reality my job is much more important than throwing a football. Nobody gives a crap about what we all do, because it's not entertaining, yet they would be highly upset without us getting up and going to work every day. Most of these players, as soon as someone notices them, are whisked away and given handout after handout, passed in school without actually doing the work, given grades instead of earning them, etc. Then they hand them 40 million dollars to parade around a field, yet that's still not enough. A lot still want to play victim, and now have brought politics into it and continue to ruin the pro sports scene for a lot of avid viewers and fans.

People don't go to the games for the players, they go to get away and enjoy the outing watching a game they like. These players don't do anything individually to contribute to society, only the game as a whole does in terms of providing a big economical impact in many ways, and generating jobs... And the players will be the downfall of it because they can't keep their BS off the field.

Nothing to do with jealousy, I just don't think they deserve or are worth obscene amounts of money. Especially when as soon as they get a reality check and are no longer an NFL player or whatever, something like 70% of them are broke in a short amount of time.

Apologies to OP for the fork in the thread!

Comment

Let’s see if he lives up to that new contract. When you make that type of money it means you are great enough to overcome the teams other shortcomings. Like defense. This is not avg QB money.

Comment

Jerrah Jones at his finest hour. Paid $159,999,999 too much. Whodathunkit? I like Prescott as a human but he is NOT a top tier QB and never can be as long as Jerrah is hiring the other players. You just can't turn a bunch of monkeys into race horses.

Comment

No offense taken on your point and you're welcome to have an opinion. My cousin is an NFL player for the Eagles and we support him. Had the pleasure to attend his wedding and meet other NFL players. Great people with a talent well above anything most will understand.

Originally posted by chwoodall View Post
                      You're right, everything revolves around money.. but that's not my point.

I'd wager a majority of folks on this board have some type of job or skillset that actually matters and benefits society in some ways, or is outright necessary to the community. I'm just a regular plant worker, but in reality my job is much more important than throwing a football. Nobody gives a crap about what we all do, because it's not entertaining, yet they would be highly upset without us getting up and going to work every day. Most of these players, as soon as someone notices them, are whisked away and given handout after handout, passed in school without actually doing the work, given grades instead of earning them, etc. Then they hand them 40 million dollars to parade around a field, yet that's still not enough. A lot still want to play victim, and now have brought politics into it and continue to ruin the pro sports scene for a lot of avid viewers and fans.

People don't go to the games for the players, they go to get away and enjoy the outing watching a game they like. These players don't do anything individually to contribute to society, only the game as a whole does in terms of providing a big economical impact in many ways, and generating jobs... And the players will be the downfall of it because they can't keep their BS off the field.

Nothing to do with jealousy, I just don't think they deserve or are worth obscene amounts of money. Especially when as soon as they get a reality check and are no longer an NFL player or whatever, something like 70% of them are broke in a short amount of time.

Apologies to OP for the fork in the thread!

Comment

As a NON Cowboy fan this signing is great news.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                          Mahomes already signed a 10 yr, 500mil contract.

As many have said, they should have locked up Dak when they could pay him 20mil a few years ago.
                          Dang, guess I missed that and it was back in June. Haven't paid any attention to sports this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdShot View Post
                            The conversations around how good (or not good) Dak is always reminds me of a comment my grandpa made way back when I was a kid in Missouri, about Jim Hart when he was the long-time qb of the Cardinals...”He’s too good to get rid of, but not good enough to keep.”
                            Yup. There isn't much out there for QB's that the cowboys could acquire.

Comment

Overpaid for a QB with a wounded wing who has not won anything.......go figure.

Comment

I have read every comment on this thread with some enjoyment and also with a lot of questioning. This has kind of been said above, but here are my thoughts since yall asked (lol).

1. Dak making this much money is equally if not more on the Jones for not paying him before other QB's got paid (Cousins, Wentz, Garoppolo, Mahomes, Goff, Wilson)
                                2. Anytime a "franchise" QB gets paid, it's industry standard that the QB gets the new record breaking contract
                                3. This is where people disagree, but like it or not Dak is a franchise QB out of his 4 full seasons he has been top 5 in QBR 3 of the 4 years
                                4. Dak has strong leadership skills and players like to play for/with Dak, but no QB can win a Superbowl with a defense ranked outside the top 15 (look it up)
                                5. The single biggest mistake was paying Zeke, without a strong line Zeke is barely above average and we all know the importance of a good line for the QB/RB position

For those that say Dak is just average, I encourage you to look up stats because that is a crazy statement to me. I believe dak is somewhere in the 6th-10th rank for QB's in the NFL.
                                Last edited by tfrye; 03-09-2021, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X