No announcement yet.

What would be worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id prefer to be in the heat without AC, but, I think survival in the cold without heat would be easier. Simply because of food storage.

Comment

cold 100%

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Power grid completely down in a hot August - the entire month Or off a month during a super cold spell like now?
        After 3 weeks with no power after hurricane Laura, I'll take this cold over that any and every day. No water for the first week but at least we could bathe in the pool and flush toilets with pool water. But the heat, humidity, skeeters, and hustling ice and water every day was brutal. I can deal with the cold.
        Last edited by Duckologist; 02-18-2021, 11:01 AM.

Comment

In world War 2 my dad was in the pacific, he said thank God because he could always shed clothes but the poor guys in Europe couldn't put on clothes to stay warm that they didn't have
          Last edited by friscopaint; 02-18-2021, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Man the heat everyone would lose freezers full of meat I’m take the cold

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
              How are you going to keep warm for a month, keep pipes from busting, cook, get water? If you do t have gas in the summer, your not going to have it in the winter either, and most folks have no water and we aren’t even a week in. Both situations can be manageable if preparations are made.
              See my user name? I have enough cold weather gear to survive an ice age! I have several cases of drinking water. And if there’s snow (like now), I can melt it and get water. I have a gas grill and when I run out of propane, there’s plenty of wood around that I can burn in the grill to cook with. As long as my food stays cold, I have no need to go anywhere so I don’t need gas.

Busted pipes are definitely a concern after you survive the month. They can be fixed later. Survival is more important.

Comment

Since my power was out for 23 and 21 days for the last 2 big hurricanes to hit houston and I was OK then, I'd say this is worse. My pipes didn't break in the summer and water didn't go out.

Comment

heat for sure. I don't have to worry about frozen bursting water pipes that will create even more damage like flooding and mold issues to my home.

Comment

I’ve been without power in August heat. You can’t even live in my house at three point. I’d take the cold. Can always throw on gear and get under blankets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                      I would think an outage during a cold spell would be more deadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Statistically nearly 4.5 times more heat relied deaths compared to cold. Over the last 30 years the US averages 30 cold related deaths, and 134 heat related over the same period. That is likely due in part to folks willingness to venture out into the heat vs the cold.

Like others have said, if it is cold I can make heat and put more clothes one, in the heat, I can’t get naked enough!

Comment

I'll take the heat all day. I have no patience for the cold.

Comment

I'll take cold over hot any day.

Comment

Cold any day. When it's hot, no way to keep your beer cold

Comment

I will take the cold... as long as i have running water and gas.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                                Anyone, anyone that owns livestock will take the outage in summer.

-john
                                Yup

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X