What would be worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be worse?

Power grid completely down in a hot August - the entire month Or off a month during a super cold spell like now?

I can sleep under a bunch of blankets snuggled up to my wife, I'm not sleeping if its 85 in my house but I belive they can be equally as dangerous to some people.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll take cold over heat any day. I can burn a fire, and I can add layers. There's no escaping 100+ heat. Also, think of the skeeters. No thanks. Now, if it was cold like they get in Minnesota or something, I might sing a different tune.

Comment

Thats like asking if you want to be punched or kicked in the nutz.

Comment

i would generally prefer the cold,,, blankets, generators lots of wood to burn, and i can put the food outside to keep it cool or even frozen,, cant do that in the summer and my generator is not big enough to run ac units

Comment

I’ll take the heat. Too much stress monitoring heat lamps in well house, kennels, and attic for pipes in case of a power outage.
            Last edited by Kmiles84; 02-18-2021, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
              I’ll take the heat. Too much stress monitoring heat lamps in well house, kennels, and attic for pipes in case of a power outage.
              This

Comment

I would think an outage during a cold spell would be more deadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll take Heat!
                  Last edited by DUKFVR; 02-18-2021, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Anyone, anyone that owns livestock will take the outage in summer.

-john

Comment

Heat would suck but at least I’d have running water.

Comment

You youngsters!!! We never had ac til I was 16. Never went to a school with ac. Car ac was an option that most people didn't buy.. We sure have grown soft.

Comment

Give me the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
                            Thats like asking if you want to be punched or kicked in the nutz.
                            Bwaahhaaahhhaaa!

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
                            How are you going to keep your food cold for a month? There won’t be any ice to keep it in a cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                              Bwaahhaaahhhaaa!

How are you going to keep your food cold for a month? There won’t be any ice to keep it in a cooler.
                              There’s a propane freezer for sail in the classifieds.

Comment

Working...
                              X