No announcement yet.

2 boars dead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome video. If you’re ever in Fw, come see me at the shop and we can work on shooting a little. If you think something Is wrong.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Congrats Billy!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Video you shooting. I don't know if it's happening in practice but like he said you could be peeking.
          Another thing could be not getting a good back tension set hurting your follow through.

Some nice pigs. Sweet the one gave you a second chance.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              Awesome video. If you’re ever in Fw, come see me at the shop and we can work on shooting a little. If you think something Is wrong.
              I will take you up on that and thanks. I have been meaning to stop in to see Kyle. Maybe yall can help me out! Lol I could sure use it!

Comment

2 boars dead!

Originally posted by killerbee View Post
                You know what Smart I bet your right. Is there anyway to figure out if thats a possibility? Maybe a point of view camera pointed at me when I shoot at an animal? I have also considered trying out a thumb release? What do you think? Thanks for watching man and I appreciate the insight.

All I did was make sure my head stayed “in the well”. it’s tough when the adrenaline is pumping and you want to make sure you made a good shot, but it’s now part of my checks right before I let loose of an arrow. The pretty lighted nock does help either.[emoji51]. I tell myself to stay behind the string. I only looked off on live animals so it’s hard to have somebody watch you if that’s the case. A GoPro on you while shooting an animal will certainly let you know if you are looking off. Go see Fishndude if you get the chance as well. He’s got a good eye for errors if it’s something more than live animal look offs.
                Last edited by Smart; 12-31-2020, 05:41 AM.

Comment

I love the video. I went through a slump also on pigs. Made 4 bad shots in a row. Thank God I got it straighten out before deer season.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    All I did was make sure my head stayed “in the well”. it’s tough when the adrenaline is pumping and you want to make sure you made a good shot, but it’s now part of my checks right before I let loose of an arrow. The pretty lighted nock does help either.[emoji51]. I tell myself to stay behind the string. I only looked off on live animals so it’s hard to have somebody watch you if that’s the case. A GoPro on you while shooting an animal will certainly let you know if you are looking off. Go see Fishndude if you get the chance as well. He’s got a good eye for errors if it’s something more than live animal look offs.
                    Thanks man. I never used nocturnals until I started filming. I bet that you are right. Going to go see Kyle and Jeff at cinnamon creek and see if they can see anything. I spent a lot of time tuning those heavy arrow setups and the arrows fly great. I have one thats 670 grains and a 550 grain arrow that both shoot out of that bow. I shot the first pig with the 670 grain arrow. It has a 100 grain brass insert and a 200 grain cuttthroat broadhead. The spotted pig was shot with the 550 grain arrow. Its a 100 grain brass insert and a 150 grain iron will. They are slow so there is the tradeoff of the animal moving vs shield penetration. The spotted pig had a huge shield and the 550 grain iron will tipped broadhead blew completly through that huge pig with a very thick shield. I am only drawing 60lbs. Its a trade off for sure but if you hit one you have a good chance of recovery. I used light arrows when I first got into bowhunting and had to many problems on big pigs to count. Shooting traditional the last nine years has showed me the light on heavy arrows.

Now if I can just tame this compound or more than likley the monkey on the trigger! Lol I should proally have spent more time practicing and less time tuning arrows.
                    Last edited by killerbee; 12-31-2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      Congrats Billy!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Thanks Bisch!

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                        I love the video. I went through a slump also on pigs. Made 4 bad shots in a row. Thank God I got it straighten out before deer season.
                        Thanks for watching man! They are always fun and frustrating at the same time!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolArrow View Post
                          Awesome. Congrats
                          Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            I will take you up on that!

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                              Awesome
                              Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                                That was a good video. Keep up the good work. I am no help on your form bud good luck.
                                Thanks bud!

Comment

Working...
                                X