Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purina Pro plan or Eukanuba. Ive fed both with good results

Comment

After reading 3 1/2 years ago about raw food for dogs on here I did research and decided to try that route. The dog crap is nearly non existent for a 95 lb American Bulldog. His coat looks great and his teeth get a nice boost from the bone in it. The difference was literally overnight.

I order a beef blend (has fat and organs) from a farm in east texas. It’s dang near 80/20 with some bone left in it.

I get a really good price for buying 40lbs at a time. He eats 2 lbs a day.

Comment

Purina One for my lab, all her life. Puppy, healthy weight formula and now vibrant maturity.

Comment

2 German Shepherds. One on Origen, the other on Fromm.

Comment

Pure Balance - Venison flavor during hunting season. Chicken and rice during off season. 2 Great Danes.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              We fed Purina Pro Plan and switched to Victor for our lab. His stools improved and he seems to like it better.
              Exactly what I recently did. I feel like Purina pro plan changed something as both my dogs started throwing it up often and we’re both itching and scratching way more than normal. Switched to the victor and haven’t thrown up once and they have quit itching and scratching all the time.

Comment

When my neighbor stopped putting out scraps for my dog, I had to start feeding Beneful by Purina. No problems until she died at 16 years old.

Comment

Kirkland Nature's Domain. Similar ingredients to the big name grain-free brands and our GSP has done great on it for years. And it's more cost effective, if you have a Costco membership. And I agree with above comments about quality food. We've consistently noticed way less shedding and a better coat when we feed quality food.

Comment

we feed both of ours Nutro chicken something or another

I have had my mutt since college (He's 11-1/2 yrs old now) and for the first 7 years of his life he ate the white bag that said "Dog Feed" on it that I could get from the Co-Op in Bryan

But 5 years ago I met a girl (who is now my wife) that works as a Vet Tech, so she insisted that I pay $45 for 30lbs of dog food, instead of $18 for 50lbs of dog food....

Will say, my ugly azz dog started looking healthier after about a week and both of our dogs have maintained a healthy look to em thus far.

Comment

Blue Buffalo or Life Abundance with Alaskan salmon oil. Expensive but have notice significant results from better performing dogs, weight class, coat shedding/shine, joint issues becoming WAY less bothersome and better overall energy levels. Raised two labs and short hair on it. Before then used Purina and some farm brand on countless dogs. Makes sense though feed yourself something healthier and you feel better. Same goes for dogs.

Not hear to argue with anyone, just answering the question as there seem to be a lot of negativity in this thread and that's not what this forms meant to be.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                        Exactly what I recently did. I feel like Purina pro plan changed something as both my dogs started throwing it up often and we’re both itching and scratching way more than normal. Switched to the victor and haven’t thrown up once and they have quit itching and scratching all the time.
                        Our lab did this too. He actually got to were he would not eat all his food or would not eat when it was time to eat. After several Vet trips, we changed his food and it made all the difference in the world. He was on Purina Pro since he was born.

Comment

I feed home made 1/2 chicken 1/2 mixed vegetable my dogs love it and look and work great !!! If their family feed em like family !! You can feed good food for just as cheep as bad food

Comment

I feed two of my dogs Candidae all life stages and the puppy Royal Canin.

Royal Canin is a bit pricey but its catered towards specific breeds which I like.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                              After reading 3 1/2 years ago about raw food for dogs on here I did research and decided to try that route. The dog crap is nearly non existent for a 95 lb American Bulldog. His coat looks great and his teeth get a nice boost from the bone in it. The difference was literally overnight.

I order a beef blend (has fat and organs) from a farm in east texas. It’s dang near 80/20 with some bone left in it.

I get a really good price for buying 40lbs at a time. He eats 2 lbs a day.

We've got our Vizsla on a raw diet as well. We order monthly from Texas Tripe. Pretty much keep her on the 80/10/10 prey model. Loves the rabbit/tripe blend and the venison blend. As said above the coat is amazing and you don't have to worry about their teeth. They also digest a lot more of it so much less poop to scoop. Does require a little more time and effort for the prep than just feeding a kibble. Did the research as well and the health benefits sold me.

Comment

This can turn worse than the Toyota vs Chevrolet threads. Does anyone else's dog like to eat poop for a treat every now and then? Just mine? Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X