• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not according to my lawyer.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
      ??What exactly happens when you get divorced? How can her name be removed from the trust, or another name added?
      Again, iffff you get the right trust, it will have a provision that states your spouse agrees to resign as trustee in the event of a divorce.

The trust that silencer shop sells allows your wife and adult kids to gang up on you and vote you out of the trust and take your stuff. That's one of the reasons I tell people to stay away from that product.

Comment

And I guess I should have said you shouldnt, not cant.

Gary

Comment

When you Google Sean Cody make sure you add trust to it. Just his name brings up some colorful sites!

Comment

Sean is actually on this forum....I can't remember if it's under sean cody or texas gun trust

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Correction it's

SC Texas

Comment

Thanks to OP for starting this.
                Will a can affect the ballistics of a .243 or .270?
                Am I correct in assuming each can can only be used
                Legally on one gun?

Thanks.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                  Thanks to OP for starting this.
                  Will a can affect the ballistics of a .243 or .270?
                  Am I correct in assuming each can can only be used
                  Legally on one gun?

Thanks.

BP
                  No you can use one can across all your weapons if it is the proper caliber or under a 308 can on a 223, a 338 can on a 308 and so on.

As to affecting ballistics, no its a straight through muffler. The only thing it will do is affect the harmonics of the barrel itself because you are adding a weight to the end of the barrel

Comment

I know some of this has been answered already, but here is my take on it, from my point of view.

Currently I have 4 suppressors in hand (3 more out on form-4's), and have been shooting through them for about 3 years now. There are several primary benefits for me.

The first is obviously that it makes a rifle so much more pleasant to shoot. At the range (my private range, no one else is on it) I often still wear ear pro, but I don't have to. And out hunting/calling where I don't wear ear pro, life is much, much better. Not only is it more pleasant, but protecting your hearing is always a good thing. It is probably too late for me (even though I do need to protect what I have left), but it is not too late for my kids. In addition to significantly reducing the noise, they reduce recoil as well. Just in general make shooting a whole lot more fun. My daughter pretty much refuses to shoot without a can anymore.

I do a lot of shooting out here where I work, and it is just barely outside of town. Suppressors make it much less disturbing to my neighbors, and also keeps folks out of my business so much. Totally silent? not at all. But it lowers the signature enough that it is not one of those "in your face" kinds of things to people within a mile or so. Enough that most folks further away than 300-400 yards really don't notice that much. The bullet hitting the steel is just as loud as the rifle is. Also out hunting they tend to confuse game, where they do not know where the shots are coming from. They can still hear it, but it doesn't overwhelm them. For an addicted coyote caller like me, that really helps.

You have a wife and kids. I know at least one of your sons is a big shooter from previous posts of yours. So, you need a trust. In your situation, there is not a good reason to NOT get one.

Use a good NFA lawyer. I used Sean Cody, but there are others as well. I promise you, you will end up with more than one can. Probably several more. Spend the $300, it is good insurance for the thousands of dollars you are going to end up having invested in this deal. Listen to the guys telling you this, they know what they are talking about. Get a good trust from a well known NFA lawyer, and getting it amended down the road is no big deal. Life changes as it goes along. Maybe your kids get married and you need to add their spouse to the trust. Whatever. Things happen in life, sometimes you need options. You need a trust written for you, not a cookie cutter trust off a website.

As for most of your other questions, once again, this is why you need a good NFA guy writing your trust. He can answer your questions and concerns not only on general issues, but ones that are specific to you, and write your trust accordingly. Call one of these guys and talk to them. Heck, call a couple of them, I did. The website of both Sean Cody and Jim Willi have tons of good information on them. Take the time to read through that stuff.

As far as what can to buy and start with, that is specific to you. But what I would say is that you want your first one to be kind of general purpose, one that can swap around. Do not get a dedicated 556 can for your first one. Get a 30 cal can that will take up to 300 WM. Get one that is good enough quality for precision rifle. Omega, Saker, one of the Sandman cans (I like the S and TI), SAS makes some good ones too, as well as TBAC. Any of those will do what your need, and they have excellence customer service if you ever need it. Keep it simple on the first one, and don't over think it. Probably the biggest decision is whether you want direct thread, or a QD type system. Direct thread I think the best deal out there is the Sandman TI. Heck of a good can for the money. But the Omega will go either ASR mount or direct thread. Then again, I really like the keymount system on the Sandman S...

Just some of my thoughts, you will get plenty from lots of folks. Take it all in, and make the decisions on what works best for you.

Comment

Many of the legal questions asked in this thread would be better directed to an attorney, like Sean Cody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                        Many of the legal questions asked in this thread would be better directed to an attorney, like Sean Cody.
                        "regular participant"

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                          I know some of this has been answered already, but here is my take on it, from my point of view.

Currently I have 4 suppressors in hand (3 more out on form-4's), and have been shooting through them for about 3 years now. There are several primary benefits for me.

The first is obviously that it makes a rifle so much more pleasant to shoot. At the range (my private range, no one else is on it) I often still wear ear pro, but I don't have to. And out hunting/calling where I don't wear ear pro, life is much, much better. Not only is it more pleasant, but protecting your hearing is always a good thing. It is probably too late for me (even though I do need to protect what I have left), but it is not too late for my kids. In addition to significantly reducing the noise, they reduce recoil as well. Just in general make shooting a whole lot more fun. My daughter pretty much refuses to shoot without a can anymore.

I do a lot of shooting out here where I work, and it is just barely outside of town. Suppressors make it much less disturbing to my neighbors, and also keeps folks out of my business so much. Totally silent? not at all. But it lowers the signature enough that it is not one of those "in your face" kinds of things to people within a mile or so. Enough that most folks further away than 300-400 yards really don't notice that much. The bullet hitting the steel is just as loud as the rifle is. Also out hunting they tend to confuse game, where they do not know where the shots are coming from. They can still hear it, but it doesn't overwhelm them. For an addicted coyote caller like me, that really helps.

You have a wife and kids. I know at least one of your sons is a big shooter from previous posts of yours. So, you need a trust. In your situation, there is not a good reason to NOT get one.

Use a good NFA lawyer. I used Sean Cody, but there are others as well. I promise you, you will end up with more than one can. Probably several more. Spend the $300, it is good insurance for the thousands of dollars you are going to end up having invested in this deal. Listen to the guys telling you this, they know what they are talking about. Get a good trust from a well known NFA lawyer, and getting it amended down the road is no big deal. Life changes as it goes along. Maybe your kids get married and you need to add their spouse to the trust. Whatever. Things happen in life, sometimes you need options. You need a trust written for you, not a cookie cutter trust off a website.

As for most of your other questions, once again, this is why you need a good NFA guy writing your trust. He can answer your questions and concerns not only on general issues, but ones that are specific to you, and write your trust accordingly. Call one of these guys and talk to them. Heck, call a couple of them, I did. The website of both Sean Cody and Jim Willi have tons of good information on them. Take the time to read through that stuff.

As far as what can to buy and start with, that is specific to you. But what I would say is that you want your first one to be kind of general purpose, one that can swap around. Do not get a dedicated 556 can for your first one. Get a 30 cal can that will take up to 300 WM. Get one that is good enough quality for precision rifle. Omega, Saker, one of the Sandman cans (I like the S and TI), SAS makes some good ones too, as well as TBAC. Any of those will do what your need, and they have excellence customer service if you ever need it. Keep it simple on the first one, and don't over think it. Probably the biggest decision is whether you want direct thread, or a QD type system. Direct thread I think the best deal out there is the Sandman TI. Heck of a good can for the money. But the Omega will go either ASR mount or direct thread. Then again, I really like the keymount system on the Sandman S...

Just some of my thoughts, you will get plenty from lots of folks. Take it all in, and make the decisions on what works best for you.
                          Thanks and thanks to all the suggestions! Going to make some calls....

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post

I finally talked to Sean a couple of hours ago for the first time. Super nice, very patient, full of answers and suggestions, and, he is getting my trust set up now!!!

Comment

Good deal! Congrats! You won't find better than him!

Comment

Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X