No announcement yet.

Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I hope it’s right! That would run some water how hard it fell!
    I know mine is showing 1.70”, and I’d be darn tickled with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
      Man I hope it’s right! That would run some water how hard it fell!
      I know mine is showing 1.70”, and I’d be darn tickled with that.
      I agree. Anything around 2in or more would be fantastic!

Comment

Jealous if you got that much. WIll help with the feed bill with fresh browse and high cost of feed going up

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          Jealous if you got that much. WIll help with the feed bill with fresh browse and high cost of feed going up
          I just checked FarmLogs today and it changed from 3.7in to 1.7in. 1.7in sounds more realistic. I'm thinking about installing a rain gauge in front of my wireless camera so I can take a real-time photo and see where the orange floating indicator is after it rains. Anybody ever try this?

Comment

After seeing how vicious squirrels are around my new squirrel feeder I got for my daughter, I am putting my money on zombie squirrel attack.

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
              After seeing how vicious squirrels are around my new squirrel feeder I got for my daughter, I am putting my money on zombie squirrel attack.
              Haha! I didn’t think about those vicious squirrels.

Comment

We ended up having 2in of rain in the rain gauge from this past week. Everything is starting to green up nicely and the protein and cottonseed consumption is way down which is pretty typical for this time of year. We saw our 2nd hog on camera and will be setting up a hog trap to try and get rid of them as quickly as possible.

We are disking and dragging a 3 acre field today and will be planting a mixture of cowpeas, sunn hemp, buckwheat, and sorghum in mid May. I will broadcast the seed on May 14th and lightly disk it in and then cultipack over it. We will see how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All of the trees are looking good.

Comment

Freezer burn maybe. I have on with a similar loss of hair

Comment

We got another 0.3in last night.

Comment

Here’s a pic from my computer of the hog. It’s crazy that he doesn’t visit any corn or protein feeders. This is the first pic of him at a feeder but he just went on by.

Comment

Here’s a pic of the hog trap we purchased

Comment

Comment

Filling up the 50-gallon water totes. They empty every 2 weeks. Hoping to eventually put a 275-gallon tote on each one but haven’t had the time.

Comment

If that big old hog won’t go near a feeder not sure how easy he will be to trap.

Comment

Working...
                                X