• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traps, and snares.

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
      Large treble hooks....
      yep BUT with your neighbors dog or cat ...on the hook you will be in Deep DoDO

Comment

If you have a government trapper in your county that is your best bet. He can trap, call, and put out cyanide for them.

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
          Large treble hooks....

That’s how my granddad and I trapped them when I was younger. It’s crazy when one gets hung and the others start eating it, sounds like the wild dogs in Africa. We thought we had taken them all down a long time ago but I was walking a trail a couple years ago and one hung my hat. Lucky that’s all it got. Don’t do it anymore, but it was interesting to a six year old boy.

We also drilled holes in trees and put shrimp at the back and two long wood screws at angle opposite of each other to trap raccoons. Granddad knew how to catch them that’s for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
            We also drilled holes in trees and put shrimp at the back and two long wood screws at angle opposite of each other to trap raccoons. Granddad knew how to catch them that’s for sure.
            Trying to get a visual on this one. Can you explain it better?

Comment

F&T trapping show can make it look easy, not sure if thats the correct name, but the guys on that show put the hurt on em

Comment

if you dont allready have a thermal! get one! u can thin em out

Comment

Thermal and traps

Comment

MB 550s are good ones, we like the 4 coil offsets. Adding the extra springs really makes them snappy and is simple to do.
                    Snares would also be great if you can use them.

Less is more with coyotes sets. Trail sets and scent post sets, maybe a dirt hole. Watch your scent around the set. Get some coyote urine to use if you can.

Good luck, those savages are wiley.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                      That’s how my granddad and I trapped them when I was younger. It’s crazy when one gets hung and the others start eating it, sounds like the wild dogs in Africa. We thought we had taken them all down a long time ago but I was walking a trail a couple years ago and one hung my hat. Lucky that’s all it got. Don’t do it anymore, but it was interesting to a six year old boy.

Your hat? How high did ya'll hang them???

Comment

We had a bunch of pics this year.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunting a carcass with thermal and suppressor is very effective.

We are going to snare very soon.

BP

Comment

Let me
                            Go predator call
                            It.

Comment

So what scratched the screens off my traps? The first one definitely did not have any scent or bait on it. All the same. Something uncovered the tops but did not set them off or dig them up. The bait holes weren't touched. Baited with deer trimming and coyote urine.

Comment

put 2 live chickens in a cage and put where you see the coyotes. put two or three foot traps around the cage... we have caught 2 twice in the last yr...

Comment

Working...
                                X