Real County and Surrounds Areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real County and Surrounds Areas

We have been hunting outside leakey since 2012 and have had a lot of different game come through our small tract of property. Axis were really good in the area from 2012-216 and really havent had them show up much since then. Plenty of pigs to go around for everyone and turkeys are hit and miss depending where they set up roosts at. Have had black buck lingering around daily with having some holes in hog panel fence where they can come through. Some possible stag/elk bulls on property and some decent whitetail that have been growing.

Curious to see who is around the areas of leakey, rocksprings, mountain home, campwood, concan, vanderpool, medina, and what changes you have seen in terms of head count of game and what has moved in or out in the past 10 years. There have been sightings of black bear and mountain lions non stop this year curious to see if they are ranging out and becoming more popular on rural properties.
    Attached Files

Comment

So I’m in Edwards Co on Hwy 41 just inside the county line. I bought my place in March of 2019. I immediately placed a feeder out and within 3 days I had pigs and WT almost daily. I’ve had Elk cows, Fallow does, Aoudads, 1 Sika nubbin buck and a small Axis buck on camera. I have very very few WT in my area. Game numbers are very low here too thus the reason I haven’t shot anything yet. Folks around here have the “brown is down” mentality. I love my place cuz it’s mine but unfortunately I can’t control what the nutt jobs around me do.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like joel45acp.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like joel45acp.
      Last edited by joel45acp; 10-04-2020, 08:27 PM.

Comment

How far East have the bear sightings been?

Comment

Real County

WT, Red Stag, Sika, Auodad, a couple of Elk And a couple of Axis in last couple of years and plenty of pigs. Had this place since 2017.

Comment

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
              So I’m in Edwards Co on Hwy 41 just inside the county line. I bought my place in March of 2019. I immediately placed a feeder out and within 3 days I had pigs and WT almost daily. I’ve had Elk cows, Fallow does, Aoudads, 1 Sika nubbin buck and a small Axis buck on camera. I have very very few WT in my area. Game numbers are very low here too thus the reason I haven’t shot anything yet. Folks around here have the “brown is down” mentality. I love my place cuz it’s mine but unfortunately I can’t control what the nutt jobs around me do.

https://imgur.com/a/sQzIHwR
              Definitely understand especially with the poaching going on around your area as well. Axis numbers have dropped with poachers and high fence places going up.

Comment

Originally posted by gunfighterx1 View Post
                We have been hunting outside leakey since 2012 and have had a lot of different game come through our small tract of property. Axis were really good in the area from 2012-216 and really havent had them show up much since then. Plenty of pigs to go around for everyone and turkeys are hit and miss depending where they set up roosts at. Have had black buck lingering around daily with having some holes in hog panel fence where they can come through. Some possible stag/elk bulls on property and some decent whitetail that have been growing.

Curious to see who is around the areas of leakey, rocksprings, mountain home, campwood, concan, vanderpool, medina, and what changes you have seen in terms of head count of game and what has moved in or out in the past 10 years. There have been sightings of black bear and mountain lions non stop this year curious to see if they are ranging out and becoming more popular on rural properties.
                Can u give me some idea of were outside of leakey?..

North, east, south, west?....

Curious because im currently hunting west of leakey and have been north of it a few seasons ago as well....we haven't seen much activity either....been dismal

Comment

Are you on HF?

Comment

Originally posted by ETXHunter99 View Post
                    Are you on HF?

If this was directed at me - NO

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
                      Can u give me some idea of were outside of leakey?..

North, east, south, west?....

Curious because im currently hunting west of leakey and have been north of it a few seasons ago as well....we haven't seen much activity either....been dismal
                      in between leakey and campwood, about 7 miles west of leakey.

Comment

Buddies place outside of Leakey was loaded with axis until about 6-7 years ago. You could drive the ranch and see over 100 head at any given time...now your lucky to see 5 or so while driving around. Still plenty of WT some fallow turkeys and pigs. They have been starting to see some red stags in the last 2 years though. Still not sure what happened to all the axis.

Comment

I think the high fence properties are one way trapping them, at least thats what the feed store dude told me.

Comment

Drought will push animals around and currently pretty severe in the area.

Comment

I always see advertisements for trapping axis in all the area feed stores and processors

Comment

Working...
                              X