No announcement yet.

Classifieds and Pay Pal Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The seller could always request a postal or bank MO - and that would have the buyer’s *** hanging out in the wind. I wonder how many buyers would opt for that?

However, I did have a guy in Georgia last year send me an $800 postal MO for a Zeiss Duralyt scope - lucky for him I’m honest.

Comment

Weird, I just have missed the TBH rule where you must eat the PayPal fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
        I can't believe people still use Paypal....

This ^^^^^^.

Paypal is not firearms friendly and I've had my credit cards hacked twice by using paypal. Got my money back both times after the bank said it was paypal's fault for being hacked.

I now send cashiers checks and include insurance fees when I buy on TBH. When I sell I'll take checks or money orders, and I always insure item express mail.

Pre bill gates paypal and ebay was really fantastic. They were cheap, reliable, and user friendly. Not the case today.

Comment

I really can see if from both sides...

I usually do a search to make sure there is a good history with the seller. If they are new to the site, have little sales history, or have questionable history I will not pay using F&F. The difference from most is that I don't ask. I take the price asked and add on the fees. I usually round up to the nearest $10. That is the fee I pay as the purchaser to insure the deal. As of yesterday the fee is 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. That's a reasonable amount for my peace of mind.

If all looks good and there is no concern F&F is fine with me. These are all person to person transactions, and not purchasing from a company. I'm a grown up. I expect others to act accordingly. If there is concern I do what is needed to protect my decisions. Either walk away, pay the fee or just make the deal.

All that said I have never had a bad experience on TBH. For being a bunch of bowhunting internet trolls you are an upstanding group. Yes, I include myself in that good natured insult. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
            it will cover you if anything happens during the shipment, 2-3 dollars isn't a big deal, ive done this plenty of times and had a bow show up to my house that the strings exploded during shipment so those extra fees protected me and the seller, its not a big deal my god lol
            I didn't realize it covered shipping insurance. How'd that work, seller kept his money and you got refunded and kept the bow, or???

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              I didn't realize it covered shipping insurance. How'd that work, seller kept his money and you got refunded and kept the bow, or???
              Pretty sure the seller ate it .....and got to pay the extra fee!

Comment

seller has 14-21 days to send money back, if they don't then you file claim then paypal will take care of you from there....not sure if paypal drafts from their account or sends it themselves but that is disclosed but I believe it comes from their account, but at the end of the day paypal will make sure u get your money back

Comment

OK, but he said sending goods & services protected him AND the seller, that doesn't sound like it's protecting the seller if they draft the money back. lol

Comment

OK, but he said sending goods & services protected him AND the seller, that doesn't sound like it's protecting the seller if they draft the money back. lol
                    if the seller doesn't do so then they will....the seller is protected in this also unless they do family and friends

Comment

I broke down and looked it up. Looks like it only protects the seller for when the buyer says they never got it, or never bought it.

What PayPal Seller Protection covers.
                      PayPal’s Seller Protection program covers two kinds of buyer claims:

Unauthorized Transactions. This is when a buyer claims they didn’t authorize a payment.
                      Items Not Received. This is when a buyer claims they never received the item they purchased.

What PayPal Seller Protection doesn’t cover.
                      Seller Protection doesn’t cover buyer claims for items received that are ‘Significantly Not As Described (SNAD)’; in other words, what the buyer received doesn’t match what they ordered. For example: Say the buyer ordered a pink scarf but received a green one instead. But you can reduce SNAD complaints by:

Providing detailed and accurate descriptions of the items you are selling.
                      Communicating well with your buyers.
                      Answering any questions about the item(s) quickly.
                      Being open to resolving issues as they arise (refunds, returns, and exchanges) to prevent a formal complaint.

Comment

Can someone use a LoneStar card on Paypal without hassle? Asking for a friend.

Comment

it will cover you if anything happens during the shipment, 2-3 dollars isn't a big deal, ive done this plenty of times and had a bow show up to my house that the strings exploded during shipment so those extra fees protected me and the seller, its not a big deal my god lol
                          So you're saying that you got a refund and the seller was re-reimbursed for the damaged bow?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            So you're saying that you got a refund and the seller was re-reimbursed for the damaged bow?
                            yeah I believe USPS is the one who takes care of the seller, because I followed up about a month later to see if he got his bow taken care of and he said he got a check from a 3rd party vendor check made out from USPS to him, so im assuming USPS had to pay it since they're responsible for the **** up

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                              A lot of times recently when selling on the TBH classifieds the buyer has paid using Pay Pal and stuck me as the seller with the fees.

So you sell an item for a price and you end up not getting that full price because Pay Pal takes their cut. In my opinion the buyer should eat the fees and the seller should get the agreed upon price.

Am I the only one who sees it that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Happened to me twice on here. I was ******!

Comment

yeah I believe USPS is the one who takes care of the seller, because I followed up about a month later to see if he got his bow taken care of and he said he got a check from a 3rd party vendor check made out from USPS to him, so im assuming USPS had to pay it since they're responsible for the **** up
                                He must have purchase addition insurance at the post office then. Priority mail only covers $50 -100

Comment

Working...
                                X