2020-2021 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
    Yes sir!! A nice little rain! My neighbor has an LCRA gauge and it showed 0.4” for us, I’ll definitely take it! Not counting this rain, we have poured our 18.15” for the year! Last year we had a total of 19.1” for the entire year. We have been extremely blessed to say the least!
    Definitely was proud of the rain. Our landowner will be out today to check his cows and the rain gauges on our lease. I'll call him and double check on the amount we got on our lease.

Hopefully it'll keep on keeping on. I would love for it to stay green all summer.
    Last edited by BradBryant1000; 05-28-2020, 05:57 AM.

Comment

We have certainly been blessed with the rain so far! Everything is greening back up and the deer are hitting the protein feeders most of the day and all night except from around 10am-6pm. I'm already getting excited!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

We were blessed with over 2 in the last week. Really glad to see it.

Comment

Your bucks are looking awesome yet again Kyle!! I can’t wait to follow along and see how they finish out!

Comment

Just got back from our place in North Llano county and everything was looking good. Filled up the protein feeders as they were empty and put out some corn as well.

The creeks had a lot of water in them and our tanks were almost full. Everything looked good. Saw a couple of deer and they looked healthy.

Comment

It was green about 10 days ago at our place. Trail cam pics from last couple of days show it's getting brown again in the heat. Axis are rutting hard.

Comment

Just got back; Green, Green, Green!!

As others have said; starting to hit the protein hard and Axis are rutting!

Saw our first whitetail fawns as well

Comment

Shane, that is an amazing looking property

Comment

Awesome Shane! Congrats!

Comment

Just rolled in from our place in San Saba. Green & pretty. Deer hitting the protein & corn a little more ,but still not what I would call hard. Fine with me ,saving some dollars for now! LOL! Saw 1 real nice buck that was really heavy & had long brows that almost touched. Can't wait to see how he develops!

Comment

I'm at the ranch now. They are hitting protein more each week as it dries. Eating all the corn. Need to kill a few more pigs!

Last edited by RiverRat1; 06-07-2020, 06:09 PM.

Comment

My goodness that buck is really far along! We don’t have any that are working on their 4’s already.

Comment

The rain has been great so far! I'm going up this weekend to trap raccoons and try to stick an arrow in this boar that's coming in consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                              My goodness that buck is really far along! We don’t have any that are working on their 4’s already.
                              We only have beginnings of brow tines on our place. The deer where we're at are 6-8 weeks later than most of the state.

Comment

I have a boar patterned really well right now under one of my kill light feeders I'm going to try to stick tomorrow night at 10pm. Primary goal for this weekend is trapping raccoons though, they are getting too comfortable sitting on our protein ports again.

Comment

Working...
                                X