X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
    1 button, 1 doe, 2 pigs that I know of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought doe could only be taken during thanksgiving. Are you allowed during archery season also?

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
      I thought doe could only be taken during thanksgiving. Are you allowed during archery season also?

Archery season is different.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetDown View Post
        For me I meant shot opportunities at a legal deer (e.g., doe, spike, or 13"+). I'd say on average I see a deer maybe 1 out of every 4 sits. From your posts though I can tell you have a way better compass for finding deer than me
        i had a fun opener for sure but didnt see any legal bucks out of 8 cameras i have scattered over the units only 1 was really active the rest was luck in new spots

Comment

Originally posted by FeetDown View Post
          ^^^This. I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of us don't see deer most sits? I get one or two decent opportunities a season if I'm lucky.
          That'd be true for me.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
            Yes you are allowed does during archery season.

Comment

2018 LBJ Grasslands

Anyone else going out tomorrow to catch the 20° plus temperature drop? I know I am, @jnd1959 said he is, who else....?

Also, after reading the regulations, I can’t really tell if camping is restricted exclusively to developed areas or not... anyone know the regs on pitching a tent?

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                Anyone else going out tomorrow to catch the 20° plus temperature drop? I know I am, @jnd1959 said he is, who else....?

Also, after reading the regulations, I can’t really tell if camping is restricted exclusively to developed areas or not... anyone know the regs on pitching a tent?

You can pitch it anywhere

Comment

You can pitch it anywhere

That’s not true. You can only camp in designated areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                    That’s not true. You can only camp in designated areas.

I just asked LBJ worker and he said I could camp any unit.

Best thing to do is call the LBJ office.

Comment

Hey guys! New to this forum, just thought I would introduce myself. Im Alex and I live in Fort Worth. I had been wanting to join this thread a couple of years ago but I didn't have a bow. Two months ago I bought a bear cruzer g2 to get into archery and I love it! I have only ever hunted doves in the past and I really want to expand my hunting to other game. My main hunting grounds are the grasslands as I don't have money for a lease and I think the difficulty of the hunt will make me a better hunter altogether.

I went out last Thursday and spent the night. I got rained on really heavily early on Friday and stayed for the afternoon hunt. Sitting up against a tree, a small buck came up to me at about 20 yards. He didn't look like a shooter. He walked off and reappeared with a spike. Nightfall came and I took off for camp. Looking at the radar, I decided to pack up that night.

I have been itching to go out again but the weather does not look too promising. I have done a bit of scouting over the summer and decided on a unit with decent sign of deer. I saw two does and a hog there a couple of months ago so I figured it was a good unit. I only have one game camera that I'm still uneasy putting out there. Im looking to find a partner or a few people to hunt with as I don't know too many people who even want to hunt in the grasslands. Ive got a ground blind and a tree stand if that matters. It would be really cool to meet people and just have a good time hunting together and helping each other. This is sounding kind of sappy so ill just post this now

Thanks guys and happy hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex1126 View Post
                        Hey guys! New to this forum, just thought I would introduce myself. Im Alex and I live in Fort Worth. I had been wanting to join this thread a couple of years ago but I didn't have a bow. Two months ago I bought a bear cruzer g2 to get into archery and I love it! I have only ever hunted doves in the past and I really want to expand my hunting to other game. My main hunting grounds are the grasslands as I don't have money for a lease and I think the difficulty of the hunt will make me a better hunter altogether.

I went out last Thursday and spent the night. I got rained on really heavily early on Friday and stayed for the afternoon hunt. Sitting up against a tree, a small buck came up to me at about 20 yards. He didn't look like a shooter. He walked off and reappeared with a spike. Nightfall came and I took off for camp. Looking at the radar, I decided to pack up that night.

I have been itching to go out again but the weather does not look too promising. I have done a bit of scouting over the summer and decided on a unit with decent sign of deer. I saw two does and a hog there a couple of months ago so I figured it was a good unit. I only have one game camera that I'm still uneasy putting out there. Im looking to find a partner or a few people to hunt with as I don't know too many people who even want to hunt in the grasslands. Ive got a ground blind and a tree stand if that matters. It would be really cool to meet people and just have a good time hunting together and helping each other. This is sounding kind of sappy so ill just post this now

Thanks guys and happy hunting!

Welcome dude. Happy Hunting

Comment

Alarm is set for 3:00am, truck is packed, and the temp is dropping. Time for a COLD and miserable 3 days of hunting. Hopefully I stick something to make all the crappy weather worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post

I'm actually going out Tuesday. Big tax deadline tomorrow. Weather it's turkey deer or duck, I always seem to miss the good days due to deadlines. Good luck. Leave one for the Tuesday.

Comment

I just asked LBJ worker and he said I could camp any unit.

Best thing to do is call the LBJ office.

Caddo is designated, LBJ isn't

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                                Caddo is designated, LBJ isn't

And I asked for a spot for 20 people and they said anywhere.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X