Aransas 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
    Just got notification I drew General as well. Going to be spending a lot of time down South this fall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I also was drawn for the general gun hunt aswell. I literally went back and forth on whether or not I wanted to apply for it, because I really did not want to lose my preference points in that category. Low and behold, it happened. Guess I'll be donating 2 weeks worth of blood to the skeeters now! I'm calling it now, I'm tagging a big one.

Comment

Got drawn for 2nd rifle. Never hunted down there but should be fun

Comment

2nd rifle here. Never been down that way... Havent figured out a plan yet but am excited
        Last edited by MulieThumper; 09-17-2018, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Hey hgiles. Lemme know when you’re headed down that way. Might be nice to have a partner. I will be headed from San Antonio.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
            We may be in luck, most model runs have Isaac running in just south of Brownsville TX and moving through at a good speed. If they hold true the refuge should miss most of its heavy rains, even with the refuge being on the strong side of the storm.
            I went ahead and got some good rain gear just incase!

Comment

Originally posted by MulieThumper View Post
              Hey hgiles. Lemme know when you’re headed down that way. Might be nice to have a partner. I will be headed from San Antonio.

Sounds good! I’m planning on taking the RV down. I’ll send you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                Sounds good! I’m planning on taking the RV down. I’ll send you a PM

RV is nice thing to have on that kind of hunt.

Easier to text
                702-265-0519
                Matt

Comment

I got drawn for general as well. Looking forward to West Nile, Malaria, fighting a big one like Troy from swamp people. If you hear “ choot it” it’s probably me. Good luck all . BTW I’m also coming down from San Antonio

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                    I will also be there the 28th too.

Just a PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

If you are REALLY going to do your scouting the 1ST DAY of the hunt, you won't be making friends with guys that already did their scouting and are hunting when you come busting through the area they are currently hunting. Please have common decency and some sportsman-like etiquette and quietly move out the area if you encroach someone.

More importantly, if you are having to scout the first day of the hunt, WAIT UNTIL several hours(4) after sunrise. Don't be that guy breaking brush at dawn.
                    Whoops sorry, I meant the “first day” as on the 28th, that’s the day we’re arriving!! With how bad the mosquitos already are here in Matagorda County I don’t even know how long I’ll want to deal with it. Hunted mad island plenty of times with thick mosquitos but my father in law actually got west Nile and almost died so makes me more cautious of being eaten up by them now. By the way, Matagorda County is all sold out of mosquito spray for over a week, so any of you coming from up north might want to be sure and pack some.

Comment

Aransas Archery hunt

I will be coming from Elgin and Scout the 28th. Plan to hunt as much of the week as I can stand. Have hunted East Lake and Laguna Atascosa but imagine this will be lots soggier. Solo draw but willing to partner up on sight. Any sense bringing a game cart or would a john boat be more in order

Comment

scouting this weekend!!
                        Last edited by Mr. Public; 09-19-2018, 04:17 PM.

Comment

I can hear the buzzing now. And my truck cab swarming with them. Are we crazy? Heading to Buc-ee's for a bag of deer jerky seems a lot easier, and cheaper. 🤔

Comment

Refuge sent out an email with attached orientation video, rules, regulations and additional information. Shhhh, the more you share it the more people you will see while hunting, you picking up what I'm putting down?
                            Im sorry, I believe you're mistaken, there was no such email sent!

Comment

I took my first bow buck there. It's a hard yet rewarding hunt. Back in the day it was a huge gathering and droves of hard *** hunters would camp along the edge of the road leading up to the reserve. I understand they don't allow that anymore. If hoopers landing is still available, that's a good lodging option.

Comment

Roads

Refuge sent out an email with attached orientation video, rules, regulations and additional information. Shhhh, the more you share it the more people you will see while hunting, you picking up what I'm putting down?
                                What are the roads like ? I’ll be scouting the Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                                X