Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    Well the surf was a rip off this morning. Wind is blasting out of the west. Probably gusting to 14-15. Surf is dirty and rough. They didn’t forecast this wind. I was expecting a light e or se. I got up at 2 to fish this full moon. Oh well been a while since she’s fooled me.
    Dang Philip that sucks I was looking forward to fish pics this morning! It happens for sure.

Comment

Well the surf was a rip off this morning. Wind is blasting out of the west. Probably gusting to 14-15. Surf is dirty and rough. They didn’t forecast this wind. I was expecting a light e or se. I got up at 2 to fish this full moon. Oh well been a while since she’s fooled me.
      Dang, I didn't expect to hear that. Glad I was lazy this AM & stayed in bed. Was out working in the sun a lot yesterday & rolled over this AM.
      Sorry you got the mean side of the surf game. Good Luck on your next trip.

Comment

It ended up not being too bad. In typical Surfside fashion it was a ton of dinks. Think I had one or two that would have made 15”. Wind switched to N around 5:30 and she started slicking up again. Water color was bad but the fish were hungry. Just got back to the car. Left them biting.

Comment

It ended up not being too bad. In typical Surfside fashion it was a ton of dinks. Think I had one or two that would have made 15”. Wind switched to N around 5:30 and she started slicking up again. Water color was bad but the fish were hungry. Just got back to the car. Left them biting.
          Good Deal!

Comment

Thats more of what i like to hear.

Comment

Well a dinkfest is better than notta! At least it was good times!

Comment

Dirty surf water is sure prime water to get hit by a stingray... You can't see them, and they can't see you... Only time I ever been hit, I was standing perfectly still and one sideswiped me and stuck me in the side of my foot when I jerked back from the bump... I'm not a fan of dirty water wading either surf or strong dirty tidal movement...

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  It always looks like that when I leave, then when I get there you need a surf board instead of a stringer.
                  Sorry bud, I probably jinxed you!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Dirty surf water is sure prime water to get hit by a stingray... You can't see them, and they can't see you... Only time I ever been hit, I was standing perfectly still and one sideswiped me and stuck me in the side of my foot when I jerked back from the bump... I'm not a fan of dirty water wading either surf or strong dirty tidal movement...
                    I got hit in Port Mansfiled in 94 in dirty *** water. The problem is that fish, especially redfish and big trout love dirty water.

I had a buddy that got hit in the hand in East Bay fishing off the bank in Sievers Cut. He thought he had the mother of all flounder and reached down in the water to grab it . . .

Comment

We're halfway through our annual Matty dad/kid trip. Woke to rough/dirty surf. About 8:30, we cut through the dunes and made it to the bay. Nada. We'll keep at it.

I welcome suggestions. We've got cut bait out now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                        We're halfway through our annual Matty dad/kid trip. Woke to rough/dirty surf. About 8:30, we cut through the dunes and made it to the bay. Nada. We'll keep at it.

I welcome suggestions. We've got cut bait out now.
                        I'm thinking you're not in a boat? If you're fishing the bay with kids live shrimp is the only way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          I'm thinking you're not in a boat? If you're fishing the bay with kids live shrimp is the only way to go.
                          Appreciate the advice. We're camping 7 miles from the beach entrance. Getting live shrimp won't work for us.

Comment

Day of dismal fishing is redeemed in a moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                              Day of dismal fishing is redeemed in a moment.

Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Were heading out at around 3:30 or so to hit that early bite. Gonna be an early morning. Got talked into coming to watch Ronnie Milsap. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X