Anyone own a gas station?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
    The tanks have been pressure checked for leaks and they’re good. But I can’t find anything in the pump side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What town?

I own some stores in El Paso, but know store owners across state and some pump service companies are state wide.

Comment

I thought the front of most all pumps, had a sticker saying who inspects services them, and a sticker as well for the people who make sure you're not being cheated etc..
      Might go look on a pump, at a current gas station.....?

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
        What town?

I own some stores in El Paso, but know store owners across state and some pump service companies are state wide.

Brenham

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          I thought the front of most all pumps, had a sticker saying who inspects services them, and a sticker as well for the people who make sure you're not being cheated etc..
          Might go look on a pump, at a current gas station.....?

The plastic covers are off the pumps so it’s just the guts. No stickers/numbers on em

Comment

Try D&H/United Pump Supply out of Houston.
            They are in El Paso as well and use them often.

If they will not go that far, they should be able to point you in right direction to inspect pumps.

Before opening though, you will need a to register devices with Department of Ag, get a delivery certificate from TCEQ, and more than likely a city and/or county inspection.
            Insurance as well.

Be careful with older equipment...new requirements for card readers, chip readers, etc are mandatory in next 6-12 months. Make sure they will be compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
              Try D&H/United Pump Supply out of Houston.
              They are in El Paso as well and use them often.

If they will not go that far, they should be able to point you in right direction to inspect pumps.

Before opening though, you will need a to register devices with Department of Ag, get a delivery certificate from TCEQ, and more than likely a city and/or county inspection.
              Insurance as well.

Be careful with older equipment...new requirements for card readers, chip readers, etc are mandatory in next 6-12 months. Make sure they will be compatible.

Thanks for the heads up. Are you independent on the gas or are you contracted through a Valero/shell ect?

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Are you independent on the gas or are you contracted through a Valero/shell ect?

Valero

Comment

Another way to word your question is.....Are any of you guys pakastani?

Comment

They are a pain and expensive, you can call or text me. (940)550-5179

Comment

My grand parents owned a Texaco. It can make money but the biggest issue they had was finding employees to run it when they were not there. They pretty much had to run it 24/7 by themselves. Good luck trying to get people to work the holidays for you... they ended up selling it and moving on

Comment

This. I can’t find any independent people who inspect them to make sure they’re working properly. The store has been closed down for about 3 years

The TCEQ website will give you a list of licensed tank companies. Anyone who works on ust's is regulated/licensed by them.

Comment

You might try this company located here in Victoria. I am not sure how big of an area they cover and if they do inspections. But from my understanding, they do maintenance on a lot of pumps in the area. I will PM you the name of a gentleman I know that works there. But I am not really sure of his position. http://www.petroleumsolutionsinc.com/

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

It seems like some people on here are always so negative and “worrisome” about all the what-ifs/doom & gloom that it would potentially detour anyone from ever doing anything that actually involves risk......like being successful. Everything can be accomplished and overcame one step at a time. The guy said his tanks don’t leak.....drop it.

I live in a town of 26,000+ people. There are countless gas stations. They are all owned by 1-2 families. Guess what.....they are some of the wealthiest people in this town. They have since started buying/building hotels here. Anyone who says you can’t make money at it just isn’t good at business.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                                It seems like some people on here are always so negative and “worrisome” about all the what-ifs/doom & gloom that it would potentially detour anyone from ever doing anything that actually involves risk......like being successful. Everything can be accomplished and overcame one step at a time. The guy said his tanks don’t leak.....drop it.

I live in a town of 26,000+ people. There are countless gas stations. They are all owned by 1-2 families. Guess what.....they are some of the wealthiest people in this town. They have since started buying/building hotels here. Anyone who says you can’t make money at it just isn’t good at business.
                                You can make money for sure, but it's not necessarily the gas that makes the money.

Comment

Working...
                                X