• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zamberlan boots to hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Boots!

I’m WAY past due on selecting boots and getting them broken in.

What’s everyone wearing?
      Crispi, currently have the Valdres and have a new pair, Wyoming, at the house waiting one me.

Great boots, easy to break in.

I use the Lathrop and Sons insoles in mine, custom cut and fit perfectly.

Comment

Boots!

What’s everyone wearing?
        Salewa Mountain Trainers and they have a 100% blister free guarantee.

Comment

Hanwag Yukon and Hanwag chillkat

Everyone’s foot is different I can’t wear kenetrek or Schnees/gronells beartooths because of my heals

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
            Zamberlan boots to hard to beat.
            They have one of the better lasts for a wide foot.

Comment

Four days and I’ll be at 12,000 feet getting a last minute scout trip in. Can’t freak’n wait!!!

Comment

Boots!

What’s everyone wearing?
                I wear a wide boot so the selection isn't as large. I've been wearing Lowa for the past 10 years and they have some styles in wide. I have the renegades, rangers, caminos, and tibets. I like the caminos and rangers for my use spotting and stalking elk. The renegades work fine and are lighter, but I prefer the support of the caminos and rangers. I do swap out the insoles for something with a little more cushion.

Comment

I'm wearing Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX boots. 3 weeks from tomorrow and I'll be heading to Colorado with some buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                    I'm wearing Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX boots. 3 weeks from tomorrow and I'll be heading to Colorado with some buddies.
                    These are what I've been wearing for a couple years. They have held up pretty well and are a good boot for the money.

Comment

I have had these boots for 4 years and love them. Virtually no break in was required.

I also had some Keen Targhee II as well and they were comfortable but the waterproofing was junk.

Comment

I'll second the Solomon Quest 4D's. I have bought a new pair each June/July for the last 4 years. Although they feel mostly broken in new, I break them in the month before my Colodado elk hunt, then use them for work as an Arborist the rest of the year. The Quest 4D 2's were my favorite and were unstoppable; however, the 3's i bought last year had an eyelet break off after 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                          These are what I've been wearing for a couple years. They have held up pretty well and are a good boot for the money.
                          x5

Comment

10 days before we head to Wyoming for archery antelope then on to Idaho for the Elk opener !

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
                              10 days before we head to Wyoming for archery antelope then on to Idaho for the Elk opener !
                              Not far behind, got Okla pronghorn sept 5-9 them NM mule deer 15th until I tag out then hopefully enough time left for CO elk before the 29th. Trying to find a way to swing a Idaho deer hunt

Ordering food right now

Comment

Appreciate the suggestions on boots, where’s the best place in Houston to try some of these.

I’m all about buying on-line but I need a place I can try them on etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X