Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Pink skitterwalks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      I’ll donate 1

Comment

Picked up a little gift for the wife today, she was happy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1269.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	24584103

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
          Picked up a little gift for the wife today, she was happy!

[ATTACH]962439[/ATTACH]

Heck yea

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
            I have a little funny one from the other day. I was out drifting with a party and the wind was really light which makes drifting pretty tough. It also happened to be a weekend morning and it was totally nuts in the harbor before we left. There was a line all the way out to the highway and down the highway waiting to launch. There were boats and people everywhere. I just told myself I wasn't going to let 'em get to me. Just go do what I can and don't get ticked off. So I load up my customers and we head out for a morning of drift fishing.

First spot we caught a few and the crowd just became unbearable. In 30 min we had 20-25 boats stop and line up behind us, which is better than cutting us off but you still get people who aren't catching and drive off thru the fish as they leave. So I had enough and decided to go get away from the crowd. There is an area I hadn't fished in awhile and no boats around so I figured I'd check it and see if anything was there.

So there we are drifting with a southwest to west southwest breeze and very light. We are barely moving but drifting generally to the east or eastnortheast. I lined us up on some popcorn reefs and we were closing in on them. A little Blue Wave boat came along running from west to east just north of us. He runs by maybe 100 yards north of us. As he gets up to us he turns south and runs right in front of me about 40-50 yards ahead of us, if that. He ran right over the little reefs I was drifting up to so patiently and totally cut off our drift. As he got across in front of me he starts turning back west. So he was going to run around me and head back the way he came. He was looking to see what we were doing. Likely looking for bent rods. I was trying my very very best to not pop a blood vein. They were going very slowly, on plane but slow, and it was very still and quiet. I raised my hands up like 'what the heck man?' "come on...' I didn't say a word, didn't scream, didn't holler, didn't shoot he bird. I just held up my hands so he would know that wasn't cool. I clearly hear the driver holler over his motor to the passengers "Did that guy wave?" Then he hollered again "Did that guy just wave?" One of the other guys in the boat turned around and replied strongly and loudly "I think he just told you to **** off!"

Turns out he must have been some sort of a mind reader.
            Ive come to realize that a lot of boaters dont understand the concept of drift fishing and dont intentionally mean to mess up a drift.

Comment

In to add this to my feed

Comment

Yep, and I've come to realize alot of fishermen don't understand the concept of fishing.

Comment

Yep, and I've come to realize alot of fishermen don't understand the concept of fishing.
                  So many young folks today don't have anyone to take them fishing and show them how to fish, how to be respectful and learn good fishing etiquette, it's really a wonder more folks don't get hurt than actually happens... I was so fortunate to have had a great dad, even granddad, and an older brother that mentored me from the time I could barely walk until I had kids that I could teach... That's a sadly dying part of our Southern, American culture today...

Comment

Lol.... dam it son!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      So many young folks today don't have anyone to take them fishing and show them how to fish, how to be respectful and learn good fishing etiquette, it's really a wonder more folks don't get hurt than actually happens... I was so fortunate to have had a great dad, even granddad, and an older brother that mentored me from the time I could barely walk until I had kids that I could teach... That's a sadly dying part of our Southern, American culture today...

Never truer words spoken. I was lucky to have a father that drug me from West Galveston to Port Isabel and all in between. Countless days on the water, without his knowledge I'd probably still be stuck on a sandbar somewhere in West Matty..

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Well spoken sir!!! I try to get my girls on the water and in the woods every chance we get. Headed out in the morning for 11 days of coastal action

Comment

They are more interested in burning gas in their 80k flats boats and playing their music load than fishing.

I’m lucky, I’ve been fishing the matagorda area since I was 5 when my parents bought their place in Chinquapin. They have since sold it, but live 15 minutes from the harbor. Spending my time down there duck hunting and fishing for all of my youth has instilled in me a strong passion for the outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            They are more interested in burning gas in their 80k flats boats and playing their music load than fishing.

I’m lucky, I’ve been fishing the matagorda area since I was 5 when my parents bought their place in Chinquapin. They have since sold it, but live 15 minutes from the harbor. Spending my time down there duck hunting and fishing for all of my youth has instilled in me a strong passion for the outdoors.

Decided to make a quick run to Galveston and check out the water conditions.....looking good! Think I'll hit the surf tomorrow!

Mavic Pro takes some awesome pics!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                              Decided to make a quick run to Galveston and check out the water conditions.....looking good! Think I'll hit the surf tomorrow!

Mavic Pro takes some awesome pics!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Galveston has changed since the last time I was there.

Comment

Me & FVRJR waded west Galveston bay this evening. Great water, lots of bait & good tide. Just no fish or not many. I ended up catching 2 flounder & 1 speck & had 2 throwback trout & a red. JR had 1 speck. I was using DSL's & vudu skrimp. JR used DSL & live skrimp. Maybe the next trip. A nice relaxing evening for sure. Headed to the ranch in the AM for a few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X