No announcement yet.

2019 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I might be able to finally clean out the garden spot and turn it over Thursday or Friday if the rain will hold of a couple more days!!! Gonna drag the spot down this evening and if the wind is not too high, burn it off. Gotta pull last year's tomato stakes (rebar), then till everything under and let it sit a week or so... Here's hopin'!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Best there is:
      For fruits/berries: https://www.starkbros.com
      Ordered a few Kiowa blackberry plants from them, and was very impressed.

Comment

Tilled and made rows last weekend.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2671.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	24575384

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
          I have heard from several gardening buddies that they use epsom salts as a fertilizer . . anyone here use it . .
          I haven't used it but i have read it does good things in the garden. I use the natural farming method and make a lot of my own fertilizers. Check out this link.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
            I have heard from several gardening buddies that they use epsom salts as a fertilizer . . anyone here use it . .
            I use it all the time on everything. It is a standard part of my amendments. I also sprinkle it liberally on all the fruit trees and berry bushes.Magnesium sulfate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
              Tilled and made rows last weekend.
              [ATTACH]951353[/ATTACH]
              Man that sure is rich looking soil! Looks like you dun good!

Comment

Got a little something going this year. Already decided to double the size this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Like most things I tend to dive straight in to the deep end. Already doubled the size of the garden and started some seeds with a heat mat and “greenhouse”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was finally able to turn over (till) my wife's garden plots Friday afternoon... Lord willing, I'll till it again mid-week then make rows for her to plant by next weekend... Not sure yet what she will be able to get going this late, but we will give 'er a whirl... I know because of the way I had to rush things, we will likely be fighting weeds right from the get-go...

Comment

I have learned this past winter that lettuce is about the easiest dang thing to grow but we just don't eat enough of it here to go down that road again. Going to scratch that one from winters garden. Hate to see it all just go to waste. And giving away fresh organic lettuce is 10x's harder than growing it. First world problem #334.

Comment

I'm gonna pass on make-n one this year. Still got about 8 gallons of okra in the freezer from last year. And enough Cayennes to last the next 9 years or more, in the freezer .

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          I have learned this past winter that lettuce is about the easiest dang thing to grow but we just don't eat enough of it here to go down that road again. Going to scratch that one from winters garden. Hate to see it all just go to waste. And giving away fresh organic lettuce is 10x's harder than growing it. First world problem #334.
                          Just plant half as much!

I had to pull all of my spinach and lettuce a week or two ago in order to get everything in. I have limited space so not much overlapping in my situation. I'm already missing it!!

Comment

What is yalls preferred lettuce?

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                              I plant both Romaine and leaf lettuce. Usually a mix of seeds. Along with spinach.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                                We do buttercrunch lettuce.

Comment

Working...
                                X