No announcement yet.

2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we are delayed until 10am now. Will get another update at 8am according to tournament director

Comment

We played a HS tourney in Brenham Thur-Sat. Glad it was over yesterday. Just walked outside to perfect coffee and stay indoors day. Worried about kid yesterday as he lands so hard on front foot it was cutting out on him. Worried about hammy pull the entire time. He went 5 scoreless gave up 2 hits against Coppell. Looking forward to 70-80 degree weekends

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        What happened? Was it a weather thing?

We won both games - 6 seed in platinum bracket. Playing at noon against a very good team. Pitching was okay. Defense was great and the bats had some decent hits, but the balls and baserunning is what separated us today. We threw strikes, the other teams didn’t.

Weather was effing miserable.
        Yeah looks like we were1 of 4-5 teams that decided to pull out last night. I didn't think we would play anyway and just got the alert that all games were canceled.

Congrats to you guys, good first tournament for sure!

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Good luck today guys...about to go wake the kiddo to dress out and head to park...
        Good luck to you guys

Originally posted by glen View Post
        We played a HS tourney in Brenham Thur-Sat. Glad it was over yesterday. Just walked outside to perfect coffee and stay indoors day. Worried about kid yesterday as he lands so hard on front foot it was cutting out on him. Worried about hammy pull the entire time. He went 5 scoreless gave up 2 hits against Coppell. Looking forward to 70-80 degree weekends
        Sounds like he's already in a groove man, hope he keeps it up.

Comment

Yea. Proud of him. He is working hard in weight room and focused. I think he had thrown 4 times now and given up 1 earned run. They are gonna make a run I think. Have beat mostly 6a teams. Tied to Lamar Friday. They are 10-0-1. Only bad thing is they will walk through District and they may get soft doing it

Comment

Yea. Proud of him. He is working hard in weight room and focused. I think he had thrown 4 times now and given up 1 earned run. They are gonna make a run I think. Have beat mostly 6a teams. Tied to Lamar Friday. They are 10-0-1. Only bad thing is they will walk through District and they may get soft doing it
            That’s awesome! Enjoy it!

Comment

I've always heard that with Rockwall and Rockwall-Heath, their district is pretty soft and doesn't test them before the playoffs.

Comment

Play Rockwall-Heath last week

Comment

Boys wouldnt give up all day.... took us all the way to the championship game and got beat by an utrip AAA team playing a nations select tournament.. and still took a run at them
                  13+ hours at a cold wet..then colder ball park...
                  We must really love this ****...or them... or just be nuts..

Comment

Boys wouldnt give up all day.... took us all the way to the championship game and got beat by an utrip AAA team playing a nations select tournament.. and still took a run at them
                    Sounds like a great day of ball to me......minus the temps!

Both of my boys won 1 and lost 1 today, but the teams played SOO much better than they did 2 weeks ago so that's a plus! Weather was brutal, but both my boys catch so I'd think they prefer this to the summer heat. Congrats to all the success over the weekend and good luck on the next one!

Comment

Are you guys Backyard Ballers Black, out of Montgomery? I saw them on the list of 9u teams coming to Dallas for the Super NIT on 3/24...

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                        Are you guys Backyard Ballers Black, out of Montgomery? I saw them on the list of 9u teams coming to Dallas for the Super NIT on 3/24...
                        Tan was on that team last year..
                        we stayed down on Red so he could be starting catcher when black went to majors.

Comment

Tan was on that team last year..
                          we stayed down on Red so he could be starting catcher when black went to majors.
                          how was his arm? we had one on our 11s that couldnt throw for 6 weeks, he was cleared to throw last week but not to pitch yet. we had a practice and 2 games and he said everything felt fine.

Comment

Have a good friend who's Son played in a Championship down in Mesquite last night.

27 degrees and dropped throughout the game due to wind chill. I can tell you, that game wasn't good baseball. Heck, our games Saturday weren't really good baseball.

I'd say more nuts than anything at this point. Sometimes I just dont know about this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              how was his arm? we had one on our 11s that couldnt throw for 6 weeks, he was cleared to throw last week but not to pitch yet. we had a practice and 2 games and he said everything felt fine.
                              Just caught a few innings to show his backup that it was his spot and hed be back for it permanently shortly..
                              Didnt let him throw down anyone...
                              But his arm is strong..we do a way modified warmup now...which i think is better...use bands and im monitoring his mechanics like a hawk...
                              Were off for next 3 weeks i think with just practices scheduled... so we got lots of time to workup to throwing down to 2 or 3.
                              No hurry..

Comment

we are scheduled off till the 23rd, after he way they played this weekend i would kind of like to see us on the field before that NIT, even if its a scrimmage.

Comment

Working...
                                X