Lease Openings 3-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
    What is considered a 'Trophy' WT there? If you have 160 class deer on camera I am interested. If not, this deal will never work.

I am on two other leases but the chances of killing a 160 class deer are not there. I can kill three 140-150" deer a year as is. For this kind of money on a bow only small lease, I need to see some horn.

Well, go get on a lease that you can kill 160+ deer yearly.
    I would be happy with killing a 130+ one year then the next a 30+ inch axis the next.

I’m looking for a place to get away enjoy the outdoors and make memories. If I want to go chase horns I’ll book a hunt in south Texas or make a trip somewhere in the Midwest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
      What is considered a 'Trophy' WT there? If you have 160 class deer on camera I am interested. If not, this deal will never work.

I am on two other leases but the chances of killing a 160 class deer are not there. I can kill three 140-150" deer a year as is. For this kind of money on a bow only small lease, I need to see some horn.
      Dang. You have an awesome lease. I wouldn’t even look else where. 3 150” deer on 2 leases is really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
        $15k for 375 acres.... For a couple years worth, you could buy the same kind of hunting place in Edwards county
        Have you priced 375 acres in this area lately?

Comment

I do not see any problems with the way you want to set it up. Just have to find the right individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
            $15k for 375 acres.... For a couple years worth, you could buy the same kind of hunting place in Edwards county

Not even close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not a bad idea man. Not everyone’s cup of tea but don’t worry about that. Wish the place was bigger because I would jump on that over my STX lease.

Comment

PM not going through. Must be getting some inquiries!!

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                  PM not going through. Must be getting some inquiries!!

X2

Comment

Some of these comments are pretty entertaining. Yeah, at $40 an acre, it would be best that it not get leased at that price but it will. Supply and demand. The OP is trying to make it work to where it would be affordable.

To the OP, I will get a spot if the place has 200" bucks running around, if not I will just buy the place and pay it off in a couple years. LOL
                    Last edited by Jamesl; 12-18-2020, 07:01 AM.

Comment

I'd be bummed the years it was my turn to shoot whitetail.. I'm still looking for an axis lease.. Sounds like a good plan..

Comment

Good luck, I like the effort

Comment

Sounds like a pretty good setup with both WT and Axis. To the OP, make sure to post on the TPWD lease page. You'll get a lot of people looking that aren't necessarily on TBH. I leased my place for more than my asking price in less than 2 weeks on a lead from there.

On a side note, why does Every. Single. Thread. devolve into people who aren't going to lease it anyway complaining about the cost of the lease and/or saying they'll just buy some acreage at some mythical low price? Does anyone actually look at the cost per acre? In most areas of the state, land has literally doubled in price per acre in the last couple of years and doesn't seem to be slowing down. Lease prices follow...

Comment

PM’s cleared up.
                            Please do not be tire kickers I simply need to find a group To lease the place before someone else does.

Comment

4 spots spoken for. I need 2 more people

Comment

For anyone familiar with the area it is off 337 about 20 min from the town between Leakey and Campwood

Comment

Working...
                                X