The Fat G Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
    I’ll be down for the 11/20 Laguna hunt as well. Feel free to shoot me a pm and we can exchange notes and hopefully help each other with packing out a nilgai.

For sure! I’m staying in Los Fresnos. I’d be glad to share notes, help pack out, or share a meal and a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
      For sure! I’m staying in Los Fresnos. I’d be glad to share notes, help pack out, or share a meal and a beer.

We’ll be nearby in Laguna vista

Comment

Brent,

That's a nice deer lucky Joe got. Congratulations to him.

Good luck on Nilgai, they are tough!

Comment

AWESOME thread sir, thank you for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
            Brent,

That's a nice deer lucky Joe got. Congratulations to him.

Good luck on Nilgai, they are tough!

He’s definitely got a horseshoe up his rear. His taxidermy bill for 2020 keeps climbing at this rate, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TKC View Post
              AWESOME thread sir, thank you for sharing!

Thank you!

Comment

There’s been some killing at the Fat G.

My buddy took his kids out there for a few days before thanksgiving. His daughter stuck a spike and an Auodad. She’s a killing machine.

This past weekend we had some guys out and they laid the hammer down as well. An Axis spike, two axis does, and two big pigs hit the dirt. There was also a trash 7pt killed that they didn’t bother to send me a picture of.

I’m heading down there Friday for my first hunt since the rifle opener. Hopefully some more animals take dirt naps. There’s some quality bucks we are after and since I’m down to about 10lbs of axis in the freezer, they better be on alert too.

Comment

Well, one less coon and a personal best auodad down so far and the weekend is still young.

Comment

Make sure you save that toothpick, word on the street is they have all kinds of uses!

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
                      Make sure you save that toothpick, word on the street is they have all kinds of uses!

HaHa! I read that thread too. No toothpicks were saved. He fed the scavengers.

Comment

Man this is a great follow....keep it going

Comment

Helluva Ram. How long are the horns? Shoulder mount?

Congrats. Love this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                            Helluva Ram. How long are the horns? Shoulder mount?

Congrats. Love this thread.

He’s not as impressive as the pictures look, lol. He was only 24”, but he had beautiful chaps. He is getting mounted though.

Movement was pretty poor this weekend. It was dead calm which makes for a comfortable hunt, but our animals don’t move without wind. We’ll be back at it this coming weekend. I’ll have my 6 year old hunting buddy with me so hopefully that’ll bring us some luck.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                              There’s been some killing at the Fat G.

My buddy took his kids out there for a few days before thanksgiving. His daughter stuck a spike and an Auodad. She’s a killing machine.

This past weekend we had some guys out and they laid the hammer down as well. An Axis spike, two axis does, and two big pigs hit the dirt. There was also a trash 7pt killed that they didn’t bother to send me a picture of.

I’m heading down there Friday for my first hunt since the rifle opener. Hopefully some more animals take dirt naps. There’s some quality bucks we are after and since I’m down to about 10lbs of axis in the freezer, they better be on alert too.

The guy with the glasses on his hat, is his name Brandon?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_jane View Post
                                The guy with the glasses on his hat, is his name Brandon?

Nope. That is Matt. It’s his father that passed away that we lease from.

Comment

Working...
                                X