Tuna trip time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Man I'm tempted to pull the trigger on this one.

Comment

Comment

I went on this trip a couple of years back with no equipment, knowledge, or experience....had a great time, caught plenty of fish. Everyone went out of there way to help me. I am still so grateful for the adventure.

I tried to send gift cards to the guys who let me lose equipment. If I missed someone sorry and thanks again.

It’s a long trip and should be taken by serious anglers, but a must do, bucket list trip for inclined.

I’m planning on being out of the country but will go again at some point.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Bring at least 2 or 3 of your largest ice chests. One for the boat, your food and preferred drinks and two more plus the boat cooler, to cover the pile of fish to haul home.

My last trip offshore - I weighed out nearly 400 lbs of fish (pre filet).

Hello - my name is Rob, I have a fishing addiction. Low fence, no feeders, public land and.....they eat all the time with records and personal bests to be made - each and every trip.

Nothing like it in the world and those who witness tuna up to 200 lbs, feeding on flying fish and clearing the water at night, under the Gulf of Mexico stars - you never ever forget the sound and the visual.

Once you tie into one of these animals, you realize just how powerful they are and how, out of shape you are. They don't go down without fighting to the death.

Nothing like it in the Outdoors......right here in Texas too!
                Last edited by AtTheWall; 09-17-2019, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Live like a Pirate, eat like a King and fight like a Gladiator....with some of the coolest Dudes on the Coast.

That's it in a nutshell. The campfire is around the clock, we all put in 110% as a team and everyone goes home loaded with fish fillets.

Comment

It is nothing to not attend because you don't have gear. There is plenty. You will catch fish if they are getting caught but it is fishing. No guarantees. Although I have always filled the ice chests. If anyone has questions feel free to reach out.

Tight Lines

Glen

Comment

We ain't left yet!!!

Comment

Okay. Im putting in for the days off

Comment

Okay. Reading the above posts I need to bring food and drinks. The lady I spoke with at Dolphin Charters said that drinks are not to be brought. She said That you buy them on the boat? Is that accurate? She also said only one 48q cooler. What else is needed? A sleeping bag? Snacks? Beer? Do I need to bring knives to clean the fish after we dock? Or does the crew clean the fish? 20 percent tip for the crew? So couple hundred bucks in cash. As far as food. Do they have a microwave? Sorry for so many questions just want to be well prepared for what looks like will be an amazing adventure!!!!

Comment

Cody sent you a PM

Comment

Glen,

Can you pm me as well. I have pretty much all the same questions as Cody. Thanks

Comment

This is such an awesome trip. My first was last year and I brought very little gear. Mostly lures that Glen recommended. This year I should be fully geared up with all the recommended stuff from the most experienced guys. A wealth of knowledge surrounding this trip. I want to do this 2-3 times a year if I could!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X