• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubs ?

That's a Land Beaver for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      'splain how, in the 3rd picture, a buck rubbed the bark off around the trunk into the crease by the other trunk? Canyasplaindat?
      Valid point. Maybe its both

Comment

'splain how, in the 3rd picture, a buck rubbed the bark off around the trunk into the crease by the other trunk? Canyasplaindat?
        It's a well thought out, determined effort by a B&C caliber monster buck to frame an innocent porcupine. Idea being to get hunters to think there are only porcupines in the area. Thereby eliminating hunting pressure, and giving said buck free reign of huge swaths of Wilbarger County without fear of lead projectiles ramming into his side. Genius when you think about it.

Comment

Uh, maybe cause he's got multiple tines goin' in multiple directions plus the brutha ain't got nothin' else to do but rub on trees, scrape dirt with his hoofs, pee in dirt, eat and sniff hoe/does. That enough splainin'?

Comment

Rubs bubs. Scrapes are what matters.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
              Uh, maybe cause he's got multiple tines goin' in multiple directions plus the brutha ain't got nothin' else to do but rub on trees, scrape dirt with his hoofs, pee in dirt, eat and sniff hoe/does. That enough splainin'?
              Well, that's one 'splaination.

Comment

Here's a pic that I took of another "porcupine" damaged tree from my place in Kansas. Dang porcupines love to take down the last tree in the open plains. Porcupine tree decimation is how the deserts were formed. I guess I'll have to look for a new deer lease in a few thousand years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rub.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	24638178

Comment

Here's a pic that I took of another "porcupine" damaged tree from my place in Kansas. Dang porcupines love to take down the last tree in the open plains. Porcupine tree decimation is how the deserts were formed. I guess I'll have to look for a new deer lease in a few thousand years.

[ATTACH]1029841[/ATTACH]
                  No. THAT'S a buck rub. Doofus!

Comment

Buck rub!!!

Comment

I saw a post with these pictures today and thought of this post.
                      Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 04-06-2021, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Dadgum buck got drunk and crashed head first into a porcupine tree.

Comment

good one

Comment

Wow, but notice how high off the ground he is. Miserable way to die.

Comment

LMAO!
                              You boys behave now

If the dad gum OP would get a camera on that tree we could see what the real deal is!
                              Last edited by Abcdj; 12-02-2020, 10:05 PM.

Comment

I have seen a lot of porcupine damage, and that does NOT look like it. I'd bet 95% buck rub, multiple bucks. Look around the area for scrapes.

There definitely ARE porcupines up there, but I'd bet my next check, they didn't do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X