Thanksgiving Eve Freezer Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanksgiving Eve Freezer Queen

My boy turned 3 back in March. I took him one a “turkey hunt” or two back in the spring to gauge his interest hunting. He had been “shooting big bucks” with his bow and arrow in the backyard since Christmas last year, so I figured he’d take right to it. He ate it up with a spoon, and I told myself I’d take him on a quiet dove shoot to get see how he handled it, and maybe to sit in a blind a couple times towards the end of this deer season. Well, the poor boy doesn’t have a chance. He thought dove hunting was the best thing ever.

I arrowed a little axis buck last month and had him help me track him(after I made sure he was dead) and the kid turned out to be a bloodhound.

I figured he was ready to go watch me tip one over, so I went to a ranch that a friend manages to make sure his first few sits were uber comfortable and there’d be plenty of things to watch. He had a blast and we whacked a little cull buck.

He wanted to go hunting yesterday so I obliged him. I hadn’t seen any bucks worth shooting, and I honestly didn’t feel like cleaning a dove last night, so I figured I’d be able to talk him into just watching and waiting for a “big buck”. Well, after watching a bunch of does and some young bucks for awhile, they were meandering off and he kept asking if I was going to shoot him anything. I kept saying we were waiting for a buck to pop out, but when there were just 3 deer left in view, he grabbed my arm and said, “Daddy, shoot me a deer right now!”. I couldn’t really tell him no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome!

Comment

He’s all about getting his hands bloody after a kill now too, with his little Swiss Army knife.

I’m so thankful for God knowing how much I needed to be a daddy, even though I didn’t. He and his little sister make my world go ‘round, and I can only hope I can be the father than they deserve. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Comment

Great story, Happy Thanksgiving

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

Nothing better than having your hunting buddy with you. He’s definitely drank the Kool-Aid.

Comment

That is the cutest kid....ever. Congrats!

Comment

outstanding

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                  Nothing better than having your hunting buddy with you. He’s definitely drank the Kool-Aid.

I think you’re right. He’s getting a BB gun for Christmas, so I think it’s just going to get worse [emoji28]

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  That is the cutest kid....ever. Congrats!

I think so too, but I’m a hair biased.

Comment

That’s good stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Good to see young kids who love the outdoors.

Comment

Now that's a good trip!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Good looking kid, glad to see them in the outdoors. Can’t wait till my boy gets to that age.

Comment

Working...
                            X