No announcement yet.

A.M stand time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 hour before sunrise, which is 30 minutes before shooting light.

Comment

Originally posted by SNKETR View Post
      I try for 1.5hrs. Never less than 1hr. If i have a pattern at a feeder i may get there 2hrs early to not disturb anything.

What makes you think you disturb less by walking in at a different time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think you'll actually know the best time unless you do an experiment with a thermal. Two consecutive mornings in October, I observed different activity(same blind/time/wind) using my thermal. I'd rather be in 45-60 minutes before shooting time. This time I'm busy watching the animals move around or noticing where they were bedding. One morning a ringtail walked down the road and started to climb the latter, so I scared him off. No telling how many times that has happened and not seen w/o a thermal.

I think you bump more deer with your lights than your timing. You can see those white lights for a long way in the hill country. I get dropped off at least a hundred yards from the blind and use my tiny red light to guide me to the blind. I haven't found it or looked yet, but I would like to get an orange or red light for the side by side.

Comment

30-45mins

Comment

1 hour for bow 30 minutes for rifle

Comment

30min to 1hr depending on what I am trying to kill

Comment

I try before there is ANY light/glow in the sky, but not always successful.

Comment

30 min

Comment

Hour at the minimum

Comment

When I hunted near Ballinger, I always got to the stand early because deer would be in the brush waiting for the feeder to go off. I would simply lean back, close my eyes and listen.

Most of these East Texas deer come to the corn if and when they want to. If I get in 20/30 minutes before daylight now I’m good.

Comment

Depends on the prior night around the campfire.

Comment

1 hour before sunrise. Fun to take a thermal monocular and scan while still dark. Lot's of critters on the move right before daylight.

Comment

One of the best hunters I’ve ever known told me something while hunting out of state. He was always “late” to me And he would say “why are you in such a hurry?”.... we got to get there before the deer do!... “what time to they get there?”... I don’t know. “Me either”

He said this statement

“Everything in these woods makes noise,.... but only one thing has a flashlight

Comment

10 min

Comment

usually climbing in the blind as the feeder is going off...

Comment

Working...
                                X