Lake Dunlap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
    It should't, there is another dam just after where the Comal dumps into the Guadalupe. I hope they get Dunlap fixed soon as that is our primary Wakeboarding lake.
    True, I was just referring to the location of that dam. If it would've affected closer to town where the main Comal floating takes place, I would guess they would already have some type of crew or rebuilding plan at work.

All those sharelunker offspring from a few years ago are headed to Lake McQueeney now.

Comment

Sorry If I missed it but how why is the middle section missing?

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
        Sorry If I missed it but how why is the middle section missing?

From what I can see, it broke off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post

Read that it was last inspected in June 2018. Wonder what was found if anything during that inspection if it indeed broke?

Comment

I would be walking the banks for arrowheads if I was close.

Comment

Comment

I would guess it would take a few years to get it re-built. The Lake Wood dam in Gonzales broke in 2016 and they still don't have it fixed. This is just a prime example of our aging infastructures. Both of these dams were built in the early thirties.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post

oh crap

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
                      I would guess it would take a few years to get it re-built. The Lake Wood dam in Gonzales broke in 2016 and they still don't have it fixed. This is just a prime example of our aging infastructures. Both of these dams were built in the early thirties.
                      Read an Article that the design for the Gonzales dam isn't complete. Another great example of bureaucratic red tape slowing the process. A great example of American ingenuity and hustle is the Kingsland Bridge. Washed out in October and will open next week. Abbott waved all the red tape BS and told them he wanted the Bridge built by April 15th. They probably would have had it done if it weren't for the excess debris removal and two more smaller floods that shut work down.

Comment

So I guess those folks went from owning a lake house to owning a river house - or at least a house with a view of the river. So are there a lot of boats sitting in the mud at the bottom of their slips? Recovering those is going to be a lot of fun....

Comment

Lake Dunlap

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          So I guess those folks went from owning a lake house to owning a river house - or at least a house with a view of the river. So are there a lot of boats sitting in the mud at the bottom of their slips? Recovering those is going to be a lot of fun....

Looks like most boats stayed in the lifts. Good luck getting them out anytime soon though.
                          Last edited by hgiles; 05-14-2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Dang, this is terrible. I heard it will take about 4 years to repair the DAM due to others needing attention as well. teams of millions of dollars.

How many Dams are on the river and will it mess with the level of the Comal?

Comment

Lake Dunlap

Just talked with the news people. Good news is they are being told this repair will get priority over others due to its location and importance to the town.

The comal will be fine, there’s a spillway by I-35 that holds that water back somewhat.

Basically Dunlap will just be a part of the Guadalupe and remain at river levels until the dam is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
                                It should't, there is another dam just after where the Comal dumps into the Guadalupe. I hope they get Dunlap fixed soon as that is our primary Wakeboarding lake.

Go ride Placid, I haven’t been back in years but it could be butter if timed right

Comment

Working...
                                X