No announcement yet.

2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't stand it! Had to hit the lake this eve! Cleaned 30 in 2 hours. Clouded up and got windy and thunder rumbled a few times. Rods started popping so we left!! Fished stuff I've never been in before. Man I love this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like them big ol white crappie

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Loaded up around 50 with my buddy this past weekend.
        Attached Files

Comment

I hope we get some decent weather on the weekends between now ang June 1st. I'm putting my boat up for the summer come 1st. Cause I get to hot in the heat and don't wanna wake up in the ER, if I wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            I hope we get some decent weather on the weekends between now ang June 1st. I'm putting my boat up for the summer come 1st. Cause I get to hot in the heat and don't wanna wake up in the ER, if I wake up.

Well come to Fork on the 1st and eat fresh crappie since we didn't do it at Bownanza!!![emoji23]

Comment

Wish I could brother. But don't know where my 80 lb lab is gonna stay. That's why I haven't been staying at Bonanza the last few years.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-08-2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

I have 3 trips booked for the next 3 day and have not been on LOP in a couple of weeks.
                With the water up 8’ I decided to do a little scouting this afternoon,
                I have never caught as many big fish as I did this evening. I stopped at 10 different spot and caught 3 fish on each spot then moved on.
                Averaged was no less than a pound and a half with 4 or 5 two pounders.
                It was a fun day
                Click image for larger version

Name:	45590CBF-3362-4A08-A81D-3155CBEA7903.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	24579690

Name:	5550BA3B-E46C-4AC2-88CA-D711386EF02E.jpeg
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	24579691

Name:	F44DCF4D-6E2D-47E0-BEAF-906D12AFB0EB.jpeg
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	24579692

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                  I have 3 trips booked for the next 3 day and have not been on LOP in a couple of weeks.

With the water up 8’ I decided to do a little scouting this afternoon,

I have never caught as many big fish as I did this evening. I stopped at 10 different spot and caught 3 fish on each spot then moved on.

Averaged was no less than a pound and a half with 4 or 5 two pounders.

It was a fun day

[ATTACH]956750[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]956751[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]956752[/ATTACH]

Awesome day. Those east Texas lakes are incredible.

Comment

According to a Facebook post, the three licensed fishing guides and 12 out-of-state anglers were 208 fish over the limit on crappie and had 40 undersized fish as well.

Comment

You have to wonder why any guide would let that happen.
                      I would hate to know I had to clean 508 fish

Comment

These type of folks make everyone else look bad. Hopefully they will make examples out of them with stiff penalties and revoke some of their outdoor privileges.

Comment

I fished Palestine for a few hours today. Thea water is super high and looks like chocolate milk! Caught a few under the 155 bridge but the noise ran me out. I found one dock on the main lake that I could shoot that was holding fish and pulled about 20 out from under it. They were up under the dock in 10’ of water right on the bottom. I am more than a little bummed that I’d looks like my dock shooting for his year will be a bust due to the high water. Had to load up and get back for kids 7 on 7 football game.

Jason

Comment

I have found one natural underwater stump on Rayburn that must be a transition from spawning area to summer haunts.have hit it 3 times is 2 weeks. Piced up 19, 25 and 25 with maybe 7 or 8 throwbacks total. 18 feet of water 6-8 feet down. White / chart slab tubes and milk monkey split tails.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                              I have found one natural underwater stump on Rayburn that must be a transition from spawning area to summer haunts.have hit it 3 times is 2 weeks. Piced up 19, 25 and 25 with maybe 7 or 8 throwbacks total. 18 feet of water 6-8 feet down. White / chart slab tubes and milk monkey split tails.

I got a couple stumps I like on Rayburn! They hold some big ol black crappie! Anytime you can pull that many fish off one tree you got a good one!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                                I fished Palestine for a few hours today. Thea water is super high and looks like chocolate milk! Caught a few under the 155 bridge but the noise ran me out. I found one dock on the main lake that I could shoot that was holding fish and pulled about 20 out from under it. They were up under the dock in 10’ of water right on the bottom. I am more than a little bummed that I’d looks like my dock shooting for his year will be a bust due to the high water. Had to load up and get back for kids 7 on 7 football game.

Jason

Holler! They're on trees good and main lake brush too.

Comment

Working...
                                X